• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Hi point 9mm 995 Carbine

Never heard much about them. Browsing through my favorite shop and see this thing, pick it up and the feel was, well, very nice to the point I couldn't put it down. I look at the tag $249. I carry it over to my buddy and asked him if it was used, "nope, brand new". I couldn't believe it so I asked what was the deal with it. He said they had sold many of them and never got one back and said he had shot them and performed flawless with FMJ rounds. I bought it, just had to have it. I've already ordered 5 extra mags, muzzle brake and folding fore grip.

High point 9mm Carbine.

Seems like a neat gun for the price, I too have never heard or used one so I will be interested to hear your feedback when you get to use it.

Anybody ever tried the .40 S&W version? Almost seems too cheap to be true, and American made too! Take care. Tom Worthington.

Nice find Dave...let us know how she acts on the range...!!

The pistols are low cap bricks. The carbines have continued to improve in recent years. All are made in Ohio and have a lifetime warranty. I've looked at the carbines vs the Kel Tec pistol carbines. KT still has the edge with me as I can (maybe) get one in 9 or 40 that use standard Glock magazines - a very nice plus for me! KT availability is sketchy as usual.

One of my good friends bought one of these last year and it has been nothing but a fun plinker at the range. Not something I would want to stake my life on, but hella fun! Haven't had any malfunctions I am aware of yet.

ATI makes a skeletonized stock for that gun that looks a lot like the beretta storm.

I've never owned one, and the main reason I never did was because of low capacity magazines. Not sure what the new ones are, but the old ones have always been 10 rounds and aftermarket higher capacity mags were always said to be junk.

With that said, I have a few friends that have one and they always enjoyed shooting it and it was always pretty accurate.

I have several shooting buddies who own one and they swear that the Hi-Point Carbine is as reliable as one can ask for, and that the "no questions asked warranty" goes so far as to provide free replacement parts for things lost due to hard use or abuse or negligence or even admitted kitchen table gunsmithing.

The price is right but I'm still liking the Kel Tec in Glock 9 or 40 that I already have (higher cap) mags for - that more than makes up for the difference in price AND they fold! Suckers are always hard to find though. They usually appear for a brief moment when I'm broke!!

5796474254_7f31c7e06c_z.jpg
Don't sleep on the high point 9mm carbine, I have owned one since the late 90's. Out to 50 yards this thing is a tack driver, and very reliable even after 500 rnds

Just bought a used 4095 carbine (.40 cal) at the local pawn shop. I love it. I am going to put the conventional rear sight back on it. This one came with a red dot on it and the original rear sight in a bag. No hardware to reattach the rear sight, though. I called Hi-Point. They said the hardware kit is in the mail! :) Took it apart for a cleaning. I don't think the previous owner did much maintenance.

My wife loves it too. No recoil to speak of. They sell them faster than they can build them. That ought to be a clue. Take care. Tom Worthington

Back