• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Holographic/Red Dot Sight Accessories

LAZY EYED SNIPER

Overwatch
Global Moderator
Supporter
"Philanthropist"
Have any questions about Holographic/Red Dot Sight Accessories? Is there a particular model of sight cover, lense cap, or other accessory you like to use? What type/brand of batteries work best for you? Let's see some pics and discussion...

Hello ,I have bushnell trophy red dot and can't find any flip up covers to fit.the eye piece and mount are really close together,about 1/4 inch space to install a cover .any ideas?

Mercy.

I've seen and used a bunch.

This is one of those subjects where you usually get what you pay for.

What I look for specifically, AA or 2032 cell batteries because I have plenty of rechargables for both types.

As for red dots, I won't purchase one that has any less than 11 brightness settings. Having one with only 7 brightness settings tend to wash out in sunlight.

As for the more economical red dots, I like Millett and Bushnell Trophy really well.

I also have Bushnell Holosight AA and N cell that are made by L3 Eotech, but marketed for Bushnell.

I have an Eotech 552 that I like, but other than the NV capability, is functionally no better than the Bushnell AA Holosight, which was also about half the price of the Eotech.

I have used BSA, which I haven't liked. I have tried tasco's which I haven't really liked either.

I have a Bec red dot on my SMG that has always been great. I have actually wondered just how long it would last, but it's been on there for about 4 years and still going, so while I was surprised that it's done as well as it has, but it's been like the energizer bunny and just keeps going.

brianmac65 said:
Hello ,I have bushnell trophy red dot and can't find any flip up covers to fit.the eye piece and mount are really close together, about 1/4 inch space to install a cover .any ideas?

Here is my Bushnell Trophy 4 reticle red dot on my Mossberg 500. Since it is 30mm, will fit an Aimpoint mount which makes it very versatile for me.

I used the bikini cover that came with the bushnell sight, but in order to prevent losing them, I put a small zip tie around the sight over top of the bikini cover string so it'll hold them whether on or off of the lens.

Attachments

• bushnell bikini cover 002.JPG
    bushnell bikini cover 002.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 141
  • bushnell bikini cover 001.JPG
    bushnell bikini cover 001.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 139
Hey John thanks for the input.Ive installed the bushnell red dot and it is great.I noticed yours has only one mounting ring on the front of scope.I have a ring on the back also . I purchased a set of flip up lens covers but can not put the back cover on because of not enough room left on the scope.Im new to all this and apologize if my questions are a bit silly.Also I am in small town in Newfoundlland and don't have many options here.

Mine has 2 mounting rings, however, I liked the Aimpoint brand single mount better, so that is what I am using instead of the two mounts that came with it.

Sorry for the confusion.

PWS micro and mini have held up well. Nice price point too. Both have held up to pounding from mag loads and hold zero.Brightness is good in sunlight. Wouldn't want to go submerged under water with one. They also do a fair job of co-witness with the elevated sites on my 930 spx.

Back