• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Holsters, We have them! ***Photo Thread***

Do you have issues with the holster riding up or out? It didn't look like there was much to the clip.

I'll get some better pictures but Ulticlip says it can clip to anything 1/4" or thinner. I made mine with it somewhat recessed into a layer of leather and as it is, it's very tight just going over the waistband of my jeans. It clamps down the way suspenders do only it doesn't have the teeth like those clamps. It is however very tight once clamped and there's no way for it to inadvertently come undone or slip loose.

Gotcha. How's it ride? My crossbreed appendix came with a couple of attachments. One being a "J" hook which kinda does what you described. But I didnt like it very much. Pulled my pants under the belt sometimes. I went back to the clip and it rode perfectly then.

Shield 9mm

Gotcha. How's it ride? My crossbreed appendix came with a couple of attachments. One being a "J" hook which kinda does what you described. But I didnt like it very much. Pulled my pants under the belt sometimes. I went back to the clip and it rode perfectly then.

Shield 9mm

It can pull the waistband down a little. For me it hasn't been a problem yet. I have a couple pair of jeans that are a little big and I rely on my belt to keep them up. I imagine if I clip directly to the waistband it will pull below my belt too much. In that case I could use the belt.

I have been debating for some time what kind of a holster I would like best for CC. For some reason I've always been attracted to the shoulder holster, or the armpit holster as it were...

For one thing I don't want to have to stand up to pull my gun out, and if it's stuck in my pants I'm pretty much going to have to do that, or wear a second gun in an ankle holster. I don't really like ankle holsters.

When riding the motorcycle, a boot holster seems fairly practical, but I can't imagine me riding with my right hand and trying to shoot anything with my left. Now with a right foot throttle, I might be able to ride shoot and shift gears all at the same time.

I can't imagine where you'd go to practice that circus act, however.

Plus, in 45 Years of riding I've never been seriously tempted to shoot anyone.

But I've always thought it would look soooo cool to have a gun Scabbard on the front forks.

I've got the visuals of the riding and drawing from the ankle holster and trying to shoot. And imagining a range allowing a sort of "ride by" practice. It really sounds like fun. I would also like to see the gun scabbard happen with a lever action shotgun.

I can still draw with the appendix carry while sitting but it's not fast.

Believe it or not Desantis is actually a few towns over from me. Takes some time to work them in but great quality holsters.

I picked up a lightly used Hunter Leather OWB belt holster for $10! They retail for $75 new! The holster model was made for slightly smaller autos than a 3" 1911 but I popped a couple of stitches and soaked it in water and now it's a good fit!

image1.JPG

I like leather for holsters. ^^^^^^^How hard is it to draw from that Hunter holster with those double straps?^^^^^^

I picked up this Hunter gun belt a few days ago in a bulk sale.
It is Left handed, size:Med., style 152 and holds 25 rounds of .22. Pictured w/13 rnd. of .22LR.
May try to find a western holster for it.
Any ideas on value since I'm right handed...??

Last edited:
Oh, to answer your question about drawing with the straps;

The strap across the grip is a little different and it's a different motion to learn but I'm getting used to it. It's getting my hand below the grip and unsnapping with the heel of my hand sort of if that makes sense, and curling my fingers around the grip while sweeping up. It's still snug but getting smoother. Right now I'm using my thumb to push down on the top of the holster while pulling up on the grip and then my thumb falls over the safety when drawn.

The second strap around the frame/trigger guard isn't tight at all. The strap is attached to the flap that's folded behind the holster that forms the loop to go over the belt. Unsnapping that strap allows the holster to be removed without undoing the belt. I'll get another photo of it.

I bought my first Alien Gear holster back in Dec of 2015 and it has been a great holster for the last 2+ years.

Last weekend I noticed my G19 fitting a little loose and found a huge crack in the shell.

AlienGearBrokenShell.jpg

I emailed them today (I'm a little behind) and am hoping they will replace the shell. According to their web site it should be covered under warranty.

I'll keep you posted. This has been the most comfortable holster I have used to date and I really want to keep using them.

I bought my first Alien Gear holster back in Dec of 2015 and it has been a great holster for the last 2+ years.

Last weekend I noticed my G19 fitting a little loose and found a huge crack in the shell.

View attachment 18541

I emailed them today (I'm a little behind) and am hoping they will replace the shell. According to their web site it should be covered under warranty.

I'll keep you posted. This has been the most comfortable holster I have used to date and I really want to keep using them.

They sent me a form to send it back for a swap, sent it in the mail today

They sent me a form to send it back for a swap, sent it in the mail today
Got notification that a new shell is already on its way. I like dealing with companies that provide great customer service!!!!

Back