• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Home made fishing cart.

ripjack13

Resident Sawdust Maker
Staff member
Administrator
Supporter
"Philanthropist"
I had an idea the other day. My grandson and I need some exercise. There's a pond we go to every weekend to fish, and I usually drive the 1/4 mile down to it, and I thought we could start walking down there instead of driving. He can use his bike, and I would carry everything we use. I gathered up what we normally use and it was more than I thought we use. So I was thinking of making a cart to tow behind the bike, but realised that would limit us. There's not alot of places to ride to around here. So I thought I'd buy a cart online. but the only ones I saw were not what I needed or were tow kinds. and most of what I saw the carts they use for ocean fishing with the huge fat sand proof wheels, so those wouldn't work. So I started thinking (scary!) I could make my own.
But what would I use?
I have an old trike from when I used to work in a warehouse, I could modify it. nope. too big, and no access to a welder. Then I saw these people walking out front of my house with those jogger strollers.
bam!
I could get one of those and modify that!
So I looked online for some cheap ones. pshaw....cheap? those things are stupid priced....
aha! I'll find one used on craigslist.
nope still too much money....
friends with an old one?
nope...
then I remembered about this facebook page that gives away stuff for free. So I posted up a want ad.
bam!
ten minutes later this guy in the next town had an old un used one!
FREE!
WOOOO
So I went and got it. Spent a few hours looking around my garage for stuff to use on it.
here's what I came up with....

0517201343_HDR.jpg

0521201905_HDR.jpg

0521201928_HDR.jpg

0521201928a_HDR.jpg

Not bad eh? I still need to tweak it as I go. I need to get some pvc tube for rod holders. The ones I have don't fit 2 of my rods. the handles are too fat. I need find/make a different box to hold the tackle boxes. and lunch box better.
But it fits most everything I need.

Questions and criticism welcome...
let me have it!

That's awesome. I couldn't tell you the times I've had to make more than one or two trips back to the truck to lug everything to the water. When my family goes fishing, it's like they're packing for vacation.

Sunscreen.

Chairs.

Bait.

Food/drinks/cooler

And that's usually the first trip. I always have to come back for the tackle boxes, fishing poles, and other stuff.

Back