• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Hornady Zombie Max?

I got a box of .45 zombie ammo for Christmas. My gf said it was VERY difficult to find in Vegas and we have many LGS out here to choose from.

The owner of my LGS said he can order it, and likely with no shipping cost. I just need to get out there and get some stuff ordered... Soon, soon.

I was talking to my LGS guy, asking him how with the cool packaging, they were able to sell it for less than critical defense when it's essentially the same bullet at a lower FPS (more in line with the LE load). He said, with great authority "Oh. Well you know it's got a steel case right?" No. I did not know. I still don't know, but he seemed REALLY sure of it. Hornady sure doesn't seem to mention it. Takes it off the table for me, other than maybe 1 box to save fo' shizzles and grins.

blue said:
I was talking to my LGS guy, asking him how with the cool packaging, they were able to sell it for less than critical defense when it's essentially the same bullet at a lower FPS (more in line with the LE load). He said, with great authority "Oh. Well you know it's got a steel case right?" No. I did not know. I still don't know, but he seemed REALLY sure of it. Hornady sure doesn't seem to mention it. Takes it off the table for me, other than maybe 1 box to save fo' shizzles and grins.

Tell your LGS guy he has it wrong. I just checked my .45ACP zombie ammo with a magnet. Nothing stuck to the magnet, not the case, not the bullet, nothing, nada, zero was attracted to the magnet. Looked like nice hornady high quality brass case to my eye and the magnet was not interested in it.

maybe he meant it came in a steel storage case... heh heh heh ;)

megawatt said:
blue said:

Tell your LGS guy he has it wrong. I just checked my .45ACP zombie ammo with a magnet. Nothing stuck to the magnet, not the case, not the bullet, nothing, nada, zero was attracted to the magnet. Looked like nice hornady high quality brass case to my eye and the magnet was not interested in it.

Thanks for testing! Still haven't found any out my way for souvenirs or otherwise.

Dang! I knew there was a reason I wanted to go to the gun show today!!!

Finally found some yesterday at cabelas and they had tons of it ill be going back once I get some more money in my ammo fund. I also found it at gander mountain but it was 5 bucks cheaper a box at cabelas.

I actually shot some of the 45acp yesterday.....thought of you instantly, then I remembered I forgot my camera

Well, duh! You wont see any zombies cuz the Z-Max is a proven round in the field silly! :D

I suck alot too Oli! Even a repackaged Hornady Critical Defense or TAP isnt gonna make me magically shoot better and true-er I'm afraid...

I picked up a box of the .45 acp 185 gr. loads. $18/box was cheaper than the Critical Defense loads. Over here in Saudi Arabia we have lots of Zombies, they're called Saudi mechanics. They just shuffle around and mumble. Believe me, I could use some ammo and a gun!

"And now, please tell the court the name printed on the shotgun shells that you shot the intruder with." Ugh. For that nightmare alone, I suspect I'll pass. :( Great marketing idea though. Take care. Tom Worthington.

oli700 said:
blue said:
Of course if you shot a mofo with one, you might have 'splainin' to do in the civil suit...

…and so we split what he called a metric butt load...he makes dog collars too"

Haha, right there is all you would need! I think I need to check my pants after laughing so hard! :lol: :lol:

Back