• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

How is everyone surviving the pandemic?

Sorry I’ve been off grid. Been dealing with some health issues lately. But news is I’m gonna live. Dealing with some gastro stuff.

otherwise family is safe, fed and I still been working

Yer too young fer that chit Monkey. Good to see you surviving the panic.tonic.etc.

I'm still hanging gates, after braving the Lowes in Fresno.
Our Lowes was picked over to an amazing degree.
There's one more leaf to hang, plus a rolling gate.

Then another trip for lumber for roof ledgers and so I can build the new dog houses.
I already have shingles, nails, screws, and paint, so I'll be busy enough.

I took the Nomad out for a warmup before I stashed it in the shed.
It wasn't much. I knew if I started riding the kennel would never get done.
I put the boat away too. Then they reopened the lakes. 'Doh!

Oh, well, the kennel is coming along nicely.

I have run into that same dilemma...walk the dog or go fishin. I get so tired ponderin all I can do is sleep on it.

I may be getting another dog once the kennel is finished.
People are going nuts, and we've had a target looted here.

We have shelter in place orders and not from covid19. 2 men killed in a shootout with police, one LEO in the hospital who was wounded during that shootout but doing well. 59 calls for shots fired in the city. There were 15 local agencies breaking up riots downtown, around the city and at the Mall in Davenport IA. North Park Mall. I don't wander down to Davenport often and that is usually in the daytime. So now I have another reason to not go to Davenport. I will just sleep on my own.

I want to shoot today but the wind is all puffed up and blowing hard. I may have to sit it out. Local Wapsi river is flooding so no fishing there or east or west. I need something to do. Someone took my parking spot. I think I will go pee on her tires.

We live right behind a Target store. Maybe 150 yards, and it is at one of the major intersections in this part of town. Many businesses in this area. We seem to have a greater police presence than usual. Maybe they know something. At any rate, I have talked to my two closest so neighbors and we keeping our eyes and ears open, our tools at the ready.

We live right behind a Target store. Maybe 150 yards, and it is at one of the major intersections in this part of town. Many businesses in this area. We seem to have a greater police presence than usual. Maybe they know something. At any rate, I have talked to my two closest so neighbors and we keeping our eyes and ears open, our tools at the ready.

I read or heard something about a Target getting looted...could have been a post from one of our members.

Our governor just turned my county to yellow. Our county commisioners voted to start opening back up 2 weels ago. Yellow is still pretty restrictive. No groups bigger than 25, no sit down in restaurants, no haircuts etc.. Some mom and pop stores can open with restrictions. On the other hand the governor can march shoulder to shoulder in an anti racism/anti gun protest. As for the red/yellow/green, green is still not back to normal. They are trying to say we can't go back to normal unless there is a vaccine. More and more people are just ignoring him.

We didn't have any protest-riots.

Our target looting was just the work of a copycat grab-and-dash gang of people. The store closed early without announcement, so one of them probably worked there or knew someone.

Thieves have mobbed Dicks and Mervyns and Kohls in recent years.

They often go in as ones and twos, and go out as a group of about a dozen at once, in a huge store with maybe 5 clerks and a manager hiding out somewhere. (Ever try to get help in a Dicks?) The employees are helpless. Two young white women working the front won't touch a dozen angry looking young blacks.

Alarms go off as they dash. One group hit Dicks 6 times in a year, finally getting caught. Maybe by dumb luck. I don't know the details of the arrest. These perps are coming from the SW of Fresno into the NE of Clovis.

Last edited:
Not in California. Dicks quit selling guns. Overpriced clothes are easier to sell.

Anyhow, the covid projects continue.

C50440E0-6B59-4C32-8BC3-58BD15A54C51.jpeg
Life goes on as normal, more or less. Masks are now optional here in Clovis.

Last edited:
See that little silver & white box trailer behind my wife? There's another Covid project:

1961 Wards Riverside. (modified) Clamshell design with coil springs, shocks, and track rod.
Dad and I built it from a kit. Well, I was 6. I handed him the nuts and washers.

I've rewired it 6 times since then, and replaced about 7 taillights.
I finally gave it a bumper to protect the lights.

It needs steel tubing over the wires.
Dogs have chewed them off (and my boat trailer was chewed twice! )

My work is still letting me work from home and frankly, I'm busier than a one-legged man in an ass kicking contest. I hit it at 6:30 a.m. and I just looked up and realized it was already nearly 2! The day flies by and I'm putting in more hours. Nothing having a 40 minute commute there and back home again gives me 1.5 hours extra.

I thought the duplex doghouse was finished, but today my wife brought home more carpet.
I have to go staple it in, and my stapler hand is still sore. I have an electric stapler that works, but you must hold it down hard.
It doesn't weigh enough to restrain the recoil of stapling doug fir. I pieced the ugly roof carpet out of the scraps, and I need to recover it anyhow.

FDFEED57-AB9A-4702-A9B4-6EFC996CA1DE.jpeg.jpg
I'm going to get a red and white canvas awning sewn for the kennel, to match.
I don't have the thresholds or the dog head garnish mounted in this photo. More of that later...

Thieves have mobbed Dicks and Mervyns and Kohls in recent years.

They often go in as ones and twos, and go out as a group of about a dozen at once, in a huge store with maybe 5 clerks and a manager hiding out somewhere. (Ever try to get help in a Dicks?) The employees are helpless. Two young white women working the front won't touch a dozen angry looking young blacks.

Alarms go off as they dash. One group hit Dicks 6 times in a year, finally getting caught. Maybe by dumb luck. I don't know the details of the arrest.

I asked the gal in the Home Depot tool department why the welders had a bar across the front of them. And some other tools were similarly secured. Apparently, the perps will come in with a cart, load up, head straight for the door, load into a waiting van outside. This happened a couple times before they secured them. They are instructed to not do anything to stop them aside from calling the police.

Back