• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

How is everyone surviving the pandemic?

Meany.
I ate lunch with a 65 yo lady today who said our county has 3 different vaccination stations and each one has its own separate phone number to call for appointment. She called all three and has three different appts. When she gets her shot she plans on cancelling the others

Cadd,glad your daughters and granddaughters are all better. I think at my age and history of heart problems I'd just as soon skip this one.

Scoop, so she is tying up three appointments ? That doesn't seem right to me.

I don't know, ms. One problem that has been happening in a county adjacent to us is that auto lines had gotten up to 5 hours long and people that had appointments were turned away.
Our county is much smaller and wait times for me when there when there was only 1 site were 5 minutes for first shot and 25 minutes for second shot.
I think that they are not filling all of the slots because we have had only one early day in December where the was a big wait.
So I had the same though about gaming the system. Right now we haven't approached capacity yet.

I'll update later.

Here, we have a totally insane system where people sit in line, bumper to bumper, with their cars idling for hours, creeping forward to get a test. In the state where our great concern is smog & pollution.

People with possible respiratory disease don’t need that AT ALL. It is 100% stupid, but it is the best these dumbocraps can think of?

They are too stupid to hire people who can still walk, to go car-to-car? All they carry is swabs & baggies! WTF? 12 million cars will be involved!

It is justified because people are “on lockdown” of sorts and not commuting. Still, roads are busy. Fewer will ride a train or bus because of COVID. Most people drive a car anyway. I live in the land of huge parking lots and driveways with three cars.

Our system is all via a website, unless you don't have access to a computer. In that case there is a number folks can call for help. Assuming you go to the website you fill out a questionair so someone can determine if you are eligible. Ok, so far so good. Then you get an email telling you you are eligible or not. Ok, I get that. Then on Thursday morning slots (appointments) are up for grabs via the scheduling portal. That is where it all becomes a cluster ----. Obviously there are many more people than doses available. So the first week they had about 200,000 people trying to fill 50,000 slots. Then, if they get more doses they announce on TV, and it all starts over.

It seems to me they could number folks as they applied and notify them when a dose was available. The way it has been carried out has frustrated and confused many folks here.

I swear, just like voting, they should turn these thing over to the powerball people to run.

I have volunteered for the Red Cross as extra help / host when the large vaccination starts on monday in our ice hockey stadium. First up are those over 80...

Im not so happy about that USA, India and the UK are holding 9 million doses of Astra Zeneca's vaccine, of wich 3,3 million doses belong to Sweden. We have payed 3 billion SEK for it, and this pisses me off...

Did a self test a week ago and at that time i did not have Covid...

You can have my vaccine fellmann.

Seriously, I'm not taking it.

Last time I took a flu shot, I got sick as a dog, and was nearly hospitalized. And that was just for the regular flu.

No way in hell I'm taking this one.

Sorry to hear that you got sick John.
I have not decided yet, but i maybe have to, if i am going to handle the elderly during the vaccination..
My wife and I feel the same way...we're looking after my elderly father. None of us (including my Dad) are chomping at the bit to get jabbed but it may be an unavoidable reality for us.

Im not so happy about that USA, India and the UK are holding 9 million doses of Astra Zeneca's vaccine, of wich 3,3 million doses belong to Sweden. We have payed 3 billion SEK for it, and this pisses me off...

Sorry to hear that Felly... Like John, I am offering you mine but you'll have to pay shipping! :D I don't normally get flu shots and not going to start now. ;)

Fellmann, I think many folks around the world are reluctant to getting the jab. The story continues to change regarding the effectiveness and even if this will become an annual requirement like the flu shots. I find it interesting that it seems to be OK for the anti vaccination folks not having their kids vaccinated for common diseases but we are getting pushed by the governments around the world to take a vaccine which is still being tested and for which they don't even know the long term effectiveness or side effects.

And now they are beginning to say you may not be able to travel if you don't get the jab!

Guess a lot of us will be staying home!

Regards

I have volunteered for the Red Cross as extra help / host when the large vaccination starts on monday in our ice hockey stadium. First up are those over 80...

Did a self test a week ago and at that time i did not have Covid...

You can thank the current regime, er administration. They are too concerned about polls and political winds to release the vaccine. They are waiting for FDA approval, or so they say, even though Sweden and other countries have approved the vaccine for use.

And now they are beginning to say you may not be able to travel if you don't get the jab!

Guess a lot of us will be staying home!

This IS something that bothers me--the potential scarlet-lettering of non-sheeple who choose to decline an unproven vaccine for a fake flu. :mad: It doesn't occur to ANY of these mental midgets that 99%+ of people ARE immune to CV. If you haven't caught it by now, you will NEVER catch it nor will it "stick" to you. It is not science, it is observation, common sense and wisdom. In the quest to increase reliance on the gov't, they are going to milk this thing with a new "variant" every few months. I riddle you this: what other ailments have people died from in the past year? Look it up, you will be amazed how many fatal diseases are grossly under-represented in 2020 vs 2019. Was there all of a sudden a cure for heart disease? Or emphysema? :rolleyes:

AFAIAC, face masks made in China and/or those supplied to Dumpocrap politicians are impregnated with mind-control, IQ-reducing substances... ;)

Back