• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

How Long Is The Magazine Spring In Your SPX?

Howdy,
After much feeding troubles, I went to a Wolf extra power spring which I trimmed to 28 inches combined with a Wilson's follower. Like butter now.
Cheers...

SeaScout said:
Howdy,
After much feeding troubles, I went to a Wolf extra power spring which I trimmed to 28 inches combined with a Wilson's follower. Like butter now.
Cheers...

Thank you , I think the spring length is the culprit to many 930 SPX problems. Did you lose a round in your magazine tube with the Wilson follower?

My SPX has always held 6 plus 1 with the ammo I use. The Wilson follower with the Wolf spring remains the same. Joey @ King Armory sent me a new S&J follower to try after I had them install their breacher/brake but haven't had a chance yet. The Wolf spring is very high quality and priced right. They come extra long so you trim ( 28 " ) to your needs. The mossberg original poor quality springs/followers are leading to many peoples feeding issues for sure. Easy fix for about $25 bucks.
Best....

Hey Guys,
I have had a question about the specific Wolff spring set up and follower. Having trouble responding to the PM. The extra power Wolff spring comes 45" long and is needs to be trimmed as needed. My comment about my fix for $ 25 bucks or so is based on the cost of a new spring and follower and shipping from two different sources. Wolff and Wilson's.
Hope this helps to clarify...
65167 TUBULAR XP SHOTGUN MAG SPRING 12 GA 45 INCH 6.59

Best...

Howdy,
Cheers...
I bought a Wolff extra power spring on eBay through Northwoods outpost, it came pre cut to 26 1/2 for the 930 SPX, I have not had a chance to fire it yet but the spring tension feels good in the magazine, I also added a NDZ performance follower mostly for the red color/ easy to see and looks cool, hopefully it works like yours did.

Back