• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

How to clean it

Sorry for the delayed response. I must have missed this one. If you still need help with cleaning your new Mossberg SA-20 let us know.

I would like to know how to clean my new SA-20, and where and what to lube. do i need grease or just oil or a combination of the two.

SBatten,
I hope I can help. I have had mine for a while now. This is how I clean it so if others can help out I would appreciate it. First thing is to remove the cap at the end of the forend. Take the front stock off and spray some cleaner in the the inside of the stock. Gun powder gets sprayed in there from each shot. The next thing I do is Remove the barrel and clean it. Lately I have been using Clp. From there I take out the the bolt. Once the bolt is out the magazine chamber outside gets a scrubbing to remove the gunpowder residue. I take out the trigger group and spray it down. A little oil on the group and it goes back in. It takes me about ten minutes to take her down and clean her up and redress her. If you have any questions just ask and I will see what I can do for you. Be safe, Tony

Welcome back to the both of you...

I believe the manual provided by the gun manufacturer has all the essential facts on maintenance and lubrication you could need...as well as a copy of the manual that can be downloaded at their websites should it be missing from the box.

Mossberg Website link for manuals:

http://www.mossberg.com/content.asp?ID= ... on=service

=========================================================

Once you take your SA-20 apart for cleaning you'll appreciate the build quality. This is not a cheap shotgun as the price would suggest. The Turkish arms builders do quality, state of the art work.

Welcome back to the both of you...

I believe the manual provided by the gun manufacturer has all the essential facts on maintenance and lubrication you could need...as well as a copy of the manual that can be downloaded at their websites should it be missing from the box.

Mossberg Website link for manuals:

http://www.mossberg.com/content.asp?ID= ... on=service

=========================================================
this link no good

If you can't find the manual, let me know. I'm pretty sure I have it on pdf but not at home computer at the moment. As mentioned, remove mag cap, slide barrel off. You might have to pull the bolt back a little for the barrel to slide forward more easily. I put oil on the gas rings, mag tube OD, bolt orifices and a couple drops in the trigger assy. I don't go crazy cleaning a clean gun... ;)

BTW, welcome aboard! :)

Back