• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Hunting & Fishing Day

ripjack13

Resident Sawdust Maker
Staff member
Administrator
Supporter
"Philanthropist"
I just received this email from the DEP. Any of you nutmegers care to go? I'm going to see if the wife wants to travel an hour with me to go. so no promises. I just wanted to let anyone who lives in Connecticut know about this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Hunters and Anglers,

On Saturday, September 24th, there will be a special event at Sessions Woods WMA in Burlington, CT, to celebrate the contributions that hunters and anglers have made to the conservation of Connecticut's natural resources. This FREE, day-long event will feature many outdoor-related activities and demonstrations. Activities for all ages are planned, along with interesting programs and workshops about hunting and fishing, hunting dog demonstrations, .22 rifle and archery ranges, 3-D archery, casting pools and a turkey calling contest. Attendees also will have the opportunity to speak firsthand with biologists about wildlife and fisheries topics, as well as with representatives from a variety of conservation, hunting, and fishing organizations. Kids can participate in several fun activities and crafts, such as track making, face painting, a scavenger hunt, and a chance to see various live turtles. There will be a silent auction to benefit the non-profit Friends of Sessions Woods.

Activities will run from 10:00 AM until 4:00 PM. Handicapped and limited public parking will be available on site at Sessions Woods. Overflow shuttle parking will be available at Lewis S. Mills High School, 26 Lyons Road, off of Route 4 in Burlington. The Friends of Sessions Woods will be selling food and drinks during the event, or you can bring your own picnic lunch.

For more detailed information on Connecticut Hunting and Fishing Appreciation Day and Sessions Woods WMA, go to http://www.ct.gov/dep/HuntFishDay<https://ctmail.ct.gov/OWA/www.ct.gov/dep/HuntFishDay> or call 860-675-8130 (Monday through Friday, from 8:30 AM-4:30 PM). Sessions Woods is located on Route 69 (341 Milford Street) in Burlington.

http://www.ct.gov/dep/HuntFishDay

Sounds like a real good time dude...thanks for the invite !!

Just so happens that I'll be going salt water fishing on Saturday, Sept 24th...it's the last day of the season for fluke and they are having a fishing tournament with a $5000 top prize for largest caught. ( over 18 inches alive ) You know I'm in for that prize...me and 3 buddies are teaming up and if one of us wins...we all win !!

===============================================================

Even got "Team" shirts...black shirt...white letters....front sez: " SIZE MATTERS..."

On the back it sez: ..." and don't let her tell you it don't !! " :D

Should be a blast...
fishing.gif

================================================================

( BTW...like the new sig lines... RWB !! ...Kewl :cool: )

================================================================

Back