• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

I am thinking of making shotgun lbv

I have been looking around for a shot shell vest and i have come to the conclusion that i am not going to find what i am looking for .......so whats a guy to do?.....bust out the sewing machine and make my own . the reason for me not satified with the lbv for the shot shell platform is 1. the shells are not quickly accessable 2. the sizes are not for non military guys aka over weight. 3 .the design on most vest are made to be like a back pack with goofy pockets . Any ideas for a vest .. must have items ect.

I'm wanting to put one together too, but it will have pistol magazine pouches and a holster too!

yea i was even thinking of mabe a better design molle style bandolier strips kinda like a tripple mag shingle and just getting a 5.11 mesh molle vest ? or just making a wide aera chest rig ...... so it dosent look like a tactical bra

Does it have to be a vest...?

Brownells sells these magazines for your belt...shotgun competitors wear multiple ones on their belts.

SHOTSHELLBELTHOLDER.jpg

===============================
Maxpedition sells these belt pouches...

12RNDPOUCH.jpg

http://www.maxpedition.com/store/pc/vie ... roduct=973

===============================

Galati International has bandoleers...holds 56 shells

bandoleer.jpg

http://www.galatiinternational.com/product/GLB56.html

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I've got a few of each of the above shown rigs...bought 'em all at local gun shows.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

If you have the skills or know of someone who does, I'd suggest making one for yourself. Nothing better than a perfect fit for your style and needs.

For my Shotgun Vest I started with a Condor Molle vest then added 4 x 25 round Condor pouches. I have a Condor adjustable drop leg holster on the right and a 20 round drop leg shell holder on the left 2x pistol mag pouches on the belt and my old but pack and Hydration pouch on the back. Along with my M9 Bayonet over my left rear hip. All in O.D. and yes it is heavy(roughly 25lbs. fully loaded) but I still have good mobility and range of motion.

Bringing the dead back alive.. Any progress on your own setup ernestrincon? I am curious what vest you used or were going to use. I like chest rigs but there is nothing on your back to put a hydration unit, as well help balance out stuff you have on the front. I was looking at Plate Carriers but some are REALLY expensive WITHOUT the plates. Which leads to another thing, are plate carriers awkward without the plates? Like do they float around your torso?

Thanks Guys!
Rick

Back