• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

I finally bought a Mossberg 4x4 Bolt Action 30-06

Yea...just seen that in the other thread...looks good !!

I just bought one of these - model 27572 which is the 30-06 with the marinecote barrel and no scope. I'm new to firearms and this is my first rifle. As such I bought an inexpensive Simmons scope (Scope 6.5-20x 50mm) from MidwayUSA they had on special for 50% off so it was $125. I should be able to pick it up later this week.

Any advice on mounting this scope? I picked up Weaver rings for mounting.

Good luck Dan, I had mine out at the range on Sunday - I love it and am so glad I did not listen to the "sales guy" at Dicks Sporting Goods - he wanted me to buy the savage.

ripjack13 said:
I'm going to wait till July 31st...Mossberg has a promo going on then.
Free gun case and bino's if you purchase any Mossberg 4x4, ATR or TREK Bolt-Action, Maverick
Bolt-Action, or 464™ Lever-Action Rifle from July 31 – October 30, 2011.
I told my local GS the news and he had no idea. so he's going to let the folks know when they come in to look at their stuff.

Keep us posted, it me months to get mine from Mossberg - i posted about it on this site. After the wait the stuff was worth it - I love my 30-06.

I didn't get one....yet. Work woes prevented it from happening. But it's the next one on my list!

Back