• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

I need more info on this gun *pics*

Have had little luck finding out more on this gun.

Basics:
12GA
I.A.C. BILLERICA MA
BOTTOM FEEDING AND EJECTING SINGLE PORT

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407722795.598855.jpg

It sure looks like an Ithaca Model 37 all tricked up, BUT....

It is more likely a Savage Stevens 350 Pump with ghost ring sights, #18951 (the current production sold by Savage Stevens). These were originally imported into the US by IAC (International Arms Corporation) around 2004, and might still be brought into this country by IAC and sold thru the Stevens name.

http://www.savagearms.com/firearms/models/ scroll down to SHOTGUNS

I think its made by Norinco and is a copy of the Ithaca 37.

More on IAC...

" Our business was founded in 1960 by Marty and Saul Arnstein. Their original retail gun shop, know as Ivanhoe Sports Center, was located in Watertown, Massachusetts and remained open for twenty five years.A wholesale division was formed in 1974 and today is known as Interstate Arms Corp, a leading distributor supplying retail gun shops nationwide with firearms and accessories. IAC IMPORTS is a division of Interstate Arms Corp that imports quality reproductions of classic firearms for distribution through some of America's leading wholesale distributors. "

Hope this helped.

Last edited:
Bingo!

From what I've been told some of these china knockoffs are pretty damn good quality long guns. Might be a lil rough looking all over but with some spit and polish can be made extremly reliable. YMMV as usual. I know some reenactors that use the chinese ones as replica trench booms so they can leave their real ones back home safe and sound.

I also think I remember someone telling me once those Stevens 350s don't have the slamfire functionality that an actual Ithaca 37 would have had.

It sure looks like an Ithaca Model 37 all tricked up, BUT....

It is more likely a Savage Stevens 350 Pump with ghost ring sights, #18951 (the current production sold by Savage Stevens). These were originally imported into the US by IAC (International Arms Corporation) around 2004, and might still be brought into this country by IAC and sold thru the Stevens name.

http://www.savagearms.com/firearms/models/ scroll down to SHOTGUNS

I think its made by Norinco and is a copy of the Ithaca 37.

More on IAC...

" Our business was founded in 1960 by Marty and Saul Arnstein. Their original retail gun shop, know as Ivanhoe Sports Center, was located in Watertown, Massachusetts and remained open for twenty five years.A wholesale division was formed in 1974 and today is known as Interstate Arms Corp, a leading distributor supplying retail gun shops nationwide with firearms and accessories. IAC IMPORTS is a division of Interstate Arms Corp that imports quality reproductions of classic firearms for distribution through some of America's leading wholesale distributors. "

Hope this helped.

It does actually...I am just really thrown off by the stamp. You figured having typed in what was on the stamp in google...results?...nope none. So this is actually a Stevens 350?! I'm confused

Bingo!

From what I've been told some of these china knockoffs are pretty damn good quality long guns. Might be a lil rough looking all over but with some spit and polish can be made extremly reliable. YMMV as usual. I know some reenactors that use the chinese ones as replica trench booms so they can leave their real ones back home safe and sound.

I also think I remember someone telling me once those Stevens 350s don't have the slamfire functionality that an actual Ithaca 37 would have had.

Is that a good or bad thing? (Slam fire functionality)

A slam fire is when a round is discharged without the trigger being pulled due to the firing pin striking the primer as the pump pulls the bolt into battery.

This is an issue in firearms with free-floating firing pins. A premature, out-of-battery ignition could result in damage or injury as increased pressure could expel shrapnel back toward the shooter through a partially opened chamber...

Or in this case the original gun could increase its rate of fire by keeping the trigger pulled while operating the slide vigorously. As soon as the bolt closed into battery the hammer would drop since the trigger was already pulled to the rear, much like the Winchester 97 shotgun. The shell, being fully chambered would not cause any damage to the shooter or gun, but for the unitiated it could come as quite a surprise!

LES is absolutely right when he describes an actual slamfire event. Using the term on old designs like the '97 and '37 is not exactly the best use of that word.

Last edited:
Nitesite.....do you swear to tell the truth and nothing but the truth?...lol

As always good info from this forum I almost bought one of those norinco shotguns before my 88 kinda glad I bought the maverick!

The Savage 350 I had was a good gun. Great price for a shotgun, cheap enough to buy several and stash them in every corner and closet of the house.

Back