• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

I need some help understanding MOA circle reticles

I really like the TRS-25 and the Primary Arms Micro Dot. I have the trs-25 mounted to a cantilever slug barrel I re-purposed as a turkey barrel.

The smaller red dots work better the further forward you can mount them. That way your eyes are already lined up on the target and you are not searching as much for the dot

I’m still on the fence. How do you like the dot for Turkey? My primary use would be dispatching varmints. The circle would work just the same as I pattern. But, the TRS 25 is only $50 these days and it mounts pretty low on a rail and it’s small.

I’m still on the fence. How do you like the dot for Turkey? My primary use would be dispatching varmints. The circle would work just the same as I pattern. But, the TRS 25 is only $50 these days and it mounts pretty low on a rail and it’s small.

The optics are great and I also use them on my ARs. I cant say much more on the shotgun, I never actually used it after I patterned it.

I did shoot one with a reflex sight a while back and it worked good.

My issue is head position. I grew up shooting just a bead so when I have to lift my bead to look through an optic it still feels awkward to me. I always find myself getting my cheek on the stock, realizing I cant see the target and having to adjust. Rather than force myself to adapt, I think I just fall back on what I'm comfortable with.

Well until my eye surgery I couldn't see the bead and the target at the same time. I had to just point the gun and shoot.

It's quite different right now and in fact I'm having a much better time with all of the fixed sight weapons.

On that Bushnell Incinerate,

I got word back from 3 sources, one being a vendor, a second from a customer who has purchased the sight, and the third being a rep from Bushnell.

The riser is removable from the base and per the Bushnell rep, from the base to the center of the optic is 1.1”.

I don’t know how that 1” compares with other optics. Can anyone chime in on that?

My cheapo is 1 inch in theory, but it's really 25 mm because it was made in China.

That is just 0.016" difference though.

Back