• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

I signed my retirement papers today

We're all jealous...'specially since you're rapidly amassing a collection that likely rivals LES's.

Glad you're still alive @oli700!! Been too long brother...your job ain't getting any easier either.

We're all jealous...'specially since you're rapidly amassing a collection that likely rivals LES's.

Glad you're still alive @oli700!! Been too long brother...your job ain't getting any easier either.
Thanks bro , yeah its an been an adventure

The top of the retirement application form has printed on it

"CONGRATULATIONS. YOU ARE ABOUT TO BEGIN WHAT WE HOPE WILL BE A LONG AND HAPPY RETIREMENT."

There is no longer any reward, only multiple career risk for today's officers. Everyone (it seems) wants to take away your badge or lock you up.

I always liked to tell people that it's difficult to earn your badge, but it's even harder to keep it.

The scars I carry are all I need to remind myself that this sometimes was a pretty tough job but there used to be times I wore those bloody bandages with pride.

All the pounds of gear I carried kept increasing over the years and kept getting heavier and heavier, and my knees and feet are arthritic now because of that. Try climbing out and twisting on your left knee and foot from a Dodge Charger that is about as low to the ground as a Chevy Corvette. Once is hard. Fifty or 60 times a day really sucks. While wearing 38 extra pounds of stuff.

Now nobody can take me to trial where my legal costs would take away my house and farm.

I sleep until I want to get out of bed. I have things to keep me satisfied and busy. I don't have to wear a video camera that is ON for a 12-hour shift. I bought a Chevy Silverado 4x4 as a retirement gift to myself. I am so glad it is all behind me.

I hope my brother and sisters and partners out there can leave ASAP.

Thank you for listening.
Although a little late to this thread but congratulations brother on a well deserved retirement.
I know what you mean about the the ware and tear on the body, I can relate with all the stuff we carried in the military while training or in action. Its both annoying and repetitive for a reason but glad its behind me now. Believe me it will be all worth it after it actually sinks in.
Been retired from the military for 9 years and as much as I loved what I did, I don't miss it it one bit.
Despite all the bumps and bruises along the way, you made it to the other end safely and that's all that matters.

Back