• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Ideas for old musket ?

oli700

12g
Supporter
"Philanthropist"
I want to find a period type sling for it …..Packing it on the 8th and realized I have no sling for it.

Thinking like a simple natural leather belt moded with a couple brass rivets at the ends or something …..any ideas ?

IMG_1260_zpsaf2a9ed0.jpg

Damn guys thanks ! those look sort of like a 1907…..I wonder how my 1907 would look on it ? Might be a cheap alternative ……

KentuckyWindage said:
Btw nice musket!

KW, 175 yo family heirloom….I can trace it back in my family to the Civil War an 1837 .69 cal L. Pomeroy.

They started as flintlocks and then the Confederate Army converted them to percussion cap for the war. At one time I had all the info about the armorer that did this particular gun from the proof marks, I have it in the attic somewhere, actually found it all on line

IMG_0236-1.jpg

Those are pretty sweet lookin slings, good lookin musket too!

oli700 said:
Damn guys thanks ! those look sort of like a 1907…..I wonder how my 1907 would look on it ? Might be a cheap alternative ……

KentuckyWindage said:
Btw nice musket!

KW, 175 yo family heirloom….I can trace it back in my family to the Civil War an 1837 .69 cal L. Pomeroy.

They started as flintlocks and then the Confederate Army converted them to percussion cap for the war. At one time I had all the info about the armorer that did this particular gun from the proof marks, I have it in the attic somewhere, actually found it all on line

IMG_0236-1.jpg

Very cool man, thanks for sharing!

Rossignol said:
Those are pretty sweet lookin slings, good lookin musket too!

your lucky we dont live next to eachother I would come dig through your leather box lol

Back