• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

I'll show you mine if you show me yours! 590 photo thread!

Re: I'll show you mine if you show me yours!

Upgraded the 590A1 for what I hope is the last time..

Added a Burris red dot sight and a hogue forend. Haven't shot it yet but man does this feel good, the forend is real nice for only $20. The red dot set me back a couple hundred but I decided to go with one my buddy at the store recommended and has used himself. The forend took some dremel work to accommodate the heavy barrel on the A1 as I've yet to buy a forend that would just slip on and go. The Blackhawk was a nightmare to make fit and in the end I didn't like the feel at all. The Hogue feels very good and the rubber coating is amazing for grip and feel.

I really like the way the Hogue forend looks on there. I've been wanting to put a Surefire tri rail on mine, but I'm wondering if I'd run into the same issues with the fit.

Mike at Aimpro uses the Ergo tri-rail, so I know those fit. I think as long as you got the right forearm length you should be fine with either.

m24shooter said:
Mike at Aimpro uses the Ergo tri-rail, so I know those fit. I think as long as you got the right forearm length you should be fine with either.

Good to know and may have to give a look but I must say this hogue feels great and my modification on this one came out perfect..

I appreciate that bit of info!

Just a quick note to follow up on my post of October 18th re Aimpro Tactical Heat Shield for 590A1. I finally did get in contact with Mike at Aimpro Tactical (thanks for the advice, Rossignol!) and ordered the Heat Shield. In stock, delivered promptly, perfect fit, light weight, and a solid mount on my 18-1/2" barrel "out of the box". Highly recommend!

Good deal!!! Glad you got through to them. They have been very busy in the shop lately with the new stuff coming online for the 930's.

I knew they could take care of you though, the 590 has largely been their bread and butter.

I hope to see some pics of the fit! :)

Shortened the OAL with a Hogue ShortShot. Saved about two inches.

sbshogue.jpg

M24, I'm glad you posted that. I'm wanting to do like wise with mine + one of the end plate sling adapters. I dont want to do without one of my shell cuffs, and I have found I can get 4 rounds on the Hogue short LOP.

I like it!

I had an MI sling plate on there, but I couldn't get it to fit just right with the Hogue and there was a slight gap between the Hogue and the MI plate. I took it off, and I'm going to try it out like that.

I wonder if the GG&G is any different or rather its something inherent to the design of the Hogue.

In your professional opinion, do you think the stock can be tweeked to allow a better fit to the sling plate? I wonder if some fancy file and sand paper or dremmel work would fix it...

It probably could be. It is just slightly off. I don't think it would be too much of a problem but I really haven't had the time to mess with it.

Who knows, maybe I'll give it a go sometime.

Is that the 14" bbl you have?

590 Mariner

Got her slightly used last week.

S7304642.jpg

Got one small spot on one of the extractors.
S7304644.jpg

But other than that in perfect shape.

Back