• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

I'll show you mine if you show me yours! 590 photo thread!

I just added the Magpul SGA stock and I dig it so far.
xiWhMB1.jpg

z9h1ihI.jpg

It can be done! The SGA is completely flat so the NcStar shell carrier I had in a spare parts bin works perfectly. It attaches with velcro. I only room to comfortably fit 4 shells and as luck would have it, this comes in 2 pieces; a 4 round and a 2 round section.
SKdS3tZ.jpg

I just added the Magpul SGA stock and I dig it so far.
xiWhMB1.jpg

z9h1ihI.jpg

It can be done! The SGA is completely flat so the NcStar shell carrier I had in a spare parts bin works perfectly. It attaches with velcro. I only room to comfortably fit 4 shells and as luck would have it, this comes in 2 pieces; a 4 round and a 2 round section.
SKdS3tZ.jpg

What kind of heat shield do you have installed and how did you get it on?

The front attachment spacer looks different from what I have on mine.

590a1.jpg
590a1 8+1 capacity w/ 20" barrel and XS ghost ring sights. Started out with Synthetic speed-feed stock; LOP was too long and it was incapable of accepting aftermarket recoil pads, so I switched it out for a Magpul SGA stock, w/ medium cheek riser and Remington 870 recoil pad. 6-shot Tac-star side saddle. GG&G front sling attachment, Magpul QD rear sling attachment, with some generic M4 sling I had lying around. Promag enhanced safety latch (a PITA to install, but much easier to manipulate than the stock safety). 590a1 heat shield with some custom-sized bolts securing the spacer since the ones provided by Mossberg wouldn't fit after I forced the front heat shield clamps across the barrel.

A heavy beast as she currently sits, and probably a few more $ put into her than I had originally intended, but LOP and cheek weld is well tailored to my stature and its fairly easy to shoot her accurately.

What kind of heat shield do you have installed and how did you get it on?

The front attachment spacer looks different from what I have on mine.

I used the Mossberg heat shield and put a NCstar bayonet mount in front of it. I removed the lug off the bottom of it though. It's just there for the rail so I can put a light on the gun and to keep the heatshield from moving forward. I don't use the polymer spacer that comes with the heatshield.

I used the Mossberg heat shield and put a NCstar bayonet mount in front of it. I removed the lug off the bottom of it though. It's just there for the rail so I can put a light on the gun and to keep the heatshield from moving forward. I don't use the polymer spacer that comes with the heatshield.

Got it.

So given the front sights you have on your Mossberg, I'm guessing that you had to force the heatshield's front clamps over the front of the barrel in order to install it, correct?

I see that Mossberg now offers a heatshield for 590a1's with front (non-bead) sights. I was hoping that meant they had developed a heatshield which could easily be installed and removed, but based on what I've seen so far I don't that is the case.

Just an FYI guys and gals, in case you don't know, but take a few mins with a dremel and you can relieve the SGA stock around the trigger group area so that you can easily remove the trigger group without loosening the stock when you clean your guns-

The Magpul SGA is top of the line and worth every penny but it was a bit of a design oversight IMO from Magpul - I relieved mine and there is a tiny gap now (1/16") between the trigger group and the stock where they mate up now, but the positive is I can literally drive the pin out of the trigger and my trigger pulls right out with no resistance or being "hung up" by the stock when I go to disassemble for cleaning - Nothing is "loose" as the trigger group is not relying on the stock to keep it in position, the stock is firmly attached at the rear of the receiver

Back