• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

In Need Of A New Return Spring Tube, And Return Spring Retaining Pin

Evening everyone,

This evening I received my package in the mail containing my new Mesa Tactical Urbino stock for my 930. There was a part of the directions missing, telling me use the allen wrench to push the return spring retaining pin out, and having the allen wrench take its place during the removal of the return spring tube. The lack of these instructions resulted in the damage of my returns spring tube, and return spring retaining pin. I'm curious if anyone here happens to know where one might be able to obtain a new retaining pin and tube, without having to send the whole system into Mossberg. Part of me thinks I could straighten out the pin myself with a hammer, but then again its a firearm and I don't want it to fail on me when operating the weapon system. Thoughts and your two cents on this issue?

The factory tube was tightened so tight that it sheared the Return Spring Tube Tool Mesa provided, they shipped another one to me as of tonight.

Sincerly,

DocHoliday

Your going to have to call Mossberg to obtain those items.

The factory spring tube gets replaced with the shorter tube Mesa supplies.

The pin you can make if your in a pinch by cutting down the proper size drill bit shank.

Your going to have to call Mossberg to obtain those items.

The factory spring tube gets replaced with the shorter tube Mesa supplies.

The pin you can make if your in a pinch by cutting down the proper size drill bit shank.

That's what I was afraid of, contacting Moss. Heard bad things about customer service but hoping it's changed over the years. Yeah I know Mesa provides a shorter tube, have it in my hands, I just want the factory tube incase for some odd reason I either sell it or want to remove the Urbino stock. Thanks for the great idea on making my own retaining pin, NEVER would have thought of that. Your a lifesaver my friend!

Back