• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Inherited Mav88 - Just a simple cleanup -

ricky_bobby

.270 WIN
Will get some pics posted but my wife's 94 year old grandpa passed and left me a Mav88 and a sweet S&W 66-2 K-Frame

The Mav, it needs some cleaning - he wanted to give it to me but I told him dont give away his last long gun while still alive -

He superglued an aftermarket tri-rail forend on the action tube (and jesus, I had no clue how unobtanium action tubes are now!) but good news is I got him a Mossberg tube and Hogue extension nut before he passed so he doesnt have the junk setup

He put some cheap saddle on it and a mount on the ejector screw so I had to order a factory ejector screw and trigger pin from Mossberg - and it also had a folding stock on it - I really don't have a use for both, and I have 3 other stocked 12ga (M500 with wood, M590 18" barrel, 7-shot tube, with Magpul furniture, and Beretta 1301 Tactical, I also have a Shockwave), so I figured in order to keep the spirit with his "grandpa tac" build I just want to clean it up, and I ordered a Hogue Tamer and forend combo for it - I figure if I decide to ever throw a stock on it again I can easily get a 12" LOP Hogue

The Mav has a nice blued receiver/barrel/mag tube and polished bolt so it does beg for a classic look.

Probably put a short paracord sling on it and it will be a great closet/defense weapon, keep it light, and compact

I'll get some pics up when its cleaned up and of the process - The guys at the gun shop thought it was a hoot that a 92 year old grandpa had built it -

Back