• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Initial MMR Tactical Care

Hello,
Just signed up yesterday and already liking the info on this forum! Learned a lot about these guns.
My MMR is coming into my FFL Monday and I am wondering what is the best initial cleaning/slash conditioning procedure? I plan to shoot the gun within the first few days I have it and I want to be sure its ready for a couple hundred rounds!

Thanks!

Welcome to the forums from NY and congrats on your new Mossy. You get a chance post a pic or two.:)

Like you said, a good cleaning out of the box and off to the range.

No this is my first 223 gun. I have a MAC90 7.62 and a Russian SKS and a few hunting rifles, but this will be my first AR! My Grandfather own and operated a large gun shop for 30 years here in Charleston and I have learned a lot from him!

nice. When you get it pay special attention to the bolt carrier group. Take the bolt out of the carrier , clean both. Lube the bolt and make sure to get the gas rings. Lube the 4 contact points or rails on the carrier, they run lengthwise down the carrier , they stop at the cut out. Lube the cam pin, the pin that holds the bolt in the carrier, it also rides in a channel milled in the top of the upper receiver.

Do those things and check bore for obstructions and your AR will never stop......lube to the bolt carrier is the key to AR reliability, keep it wet and you will never have a stoppage due to fouling

Good luck, your going to love the platform

Thanks man, I'm so excited about this gun! I don't think there's a better equipped gun from the factory for $700 feel great about the price!!

Welcome from MI!!

Congrats on the new gun, looks like you are definitely being pointed in the right directions.

Look forward to hearing how you like it and possibly seeing some pics (hint hint) ;-D

I've already got a bipod grip foregrip covers and a red dot/green dot and ordering a sling today! Thinking about one of the slogan rubber slings. Any recommendations?

I have a Blue Force Gear two-point sling on my AR and really like it.

I enjoy a 2 point as well. Climbing and running with a single point isn't for me. A quick adjust two point has been excellent for my type of needs

looking forward to reviews, and range reports. they seem to be pretty sparse. im putting a lot of thought into an MMR Hunter. would like to see more first hand reviews.

they sling might work, CTD sucks commie nut , buy from who you like but these shysters were a big reason ar mags were 100 bucks in the scare after sandy hook, they capitalized from the panic of the very people who made them , gun owners

Look at Specter Gear
http://www.amazon.com/Specter-Gear-Universal-Tactical-1-25-Inch/dp/B00373QLSW/ref=sr_1_1?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1393620643&sr=1-1&keywords=specter gear universal 2 point tactical sling

I have had this sling for years and its awesome. On its shortest setting is just right, if you carry a pack or a rig and or bulky cloths it instantly adjusts with the quick adjusting buckle at the front

Back