• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Interesting review on long and short shotguns for protection

IMHO the SW is a "In House" fighting weapon, that you may not get to use standing on your feet, you may be woken up by a beating and need to grab a tool to fight for you life with. Once someone is in fighting distance a long gun is up for grabs, and is not as useful as a short shotgun. In the largest room in most peoples homes a SW will take care of business.

Of course the double barrel is faster, why do you think double rifles are such popular dangerous game guns?
Believe it or not there's actually some technique involved in getting hits at 7 yards with a shockwave, just like any other gun.

As Clint demonstrates: http://tinyurl.com/yaf45njf

I bought my Shockwave just because I wanted it. I don't have to justify anything I buy anymore to anyone, me included. I just bought it and if it ends up being a SD gun, then so be it. I have other guns that can serve that purpose too. I think a lot of people "visualize" having to shoot somebody for some reason. If they do need to shoot somebody it will never happen how they think it will, IMHO. I just don't worry about it because that's always the very last resort for me. There are a lot of people on Youtube and elsewhere barking at us about what to do and what is right and wrong. Lucky Gunner is the worst. I just do what I want to do. Good enough for me!

Back