• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Is the Maverick still being made?

honkey

.270 WIN
I saw one of these at Christmas time on sale and I passed on it and opted to get a revolver instead that was also on sale. Now, I can't find the Maverick on Academy's website, haven't seen one in my LGS since that sale, and can't find anything on Mossberg's website. I see the ATR100 for $299 looks like a pretty good deal, but I feel like the Maverick would have suited my needs just as well. All I can find now are the Maverick shotguns.

My local Academy still carries them. They always seem to have one in stock. I would suggest that you go visit the local store (Academy). They don't always advertise them online. If they don't have one on display in the store, ask the associate to check in the storage vault to see if one escaped detection. Good luck! They are good rifles for a great price. :)

J.L. said:
My local Academy still carries them. They always seem to have one in stock. I would suggest that you go visit the local store (Academy). They don't always advertise them online. If they don't have one on display in the store, ask the associate to check in the storage vault to see if one escaped detection. Good luck! They are good rifles for a great price. :)

Thanks J.L! Do you happen to know what the regular price is when not on sale for $179? My "local" Academy is a half hour drive.

I just called and he quoted the price at 299$ which is $50 more than what I had read the regular price is.

For that price, you might as well get an ATR or 4X4. Maybe a Savage. The price used to be reg. $199.00. Just like everything else, the price has gone up to $245. Prices may be different in your region. :)

J.L. said:
For that price, you might as well get an ATR or 4X4. Maybe a Savage. The price used to be reg. $199.00. Just like everything else, the price has gone up to $245. Prices may be different in your region. :)

Thanks, I actually just called my regular gun store and they confirmed that they do not have the Maverick anymore, but they do have the ATR for $270 in 30-06. If that includes the scope I will probably pick it up next week, if not, I may get the ATR from Academy where it is $299 with scope. I am kind of thinking that the guy I was talking to assumed that the ATR and the Maverick were the same thing and told me the ATR price.

honkey said:
J.L. said:

Thanks, I actually just called my regular gun store and they confirmed that they do not have the Maverick anymore, but they do have the ATR for $270 in 30-06. If that includes the scope I will probably pick it up next week, if not, I may get the ATR from Academy where it is $299 with scope. I am kind of thinking that the guy I was talking to assumed that the ATR and the Maverick were the same thing and told me the ATR price.

You may be right about that. Keep us posted. Don't forget to pickup some ammo for the range report. :)

Back