• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

I've Been Called up to the Big Leagues (Pro Brewing)

honkey, I went by Windmill Beverages in Decatur today because your brewery web site said they carry your products. I was going to pick up some crafted microbrew and enjoy the savor while being able to say that I know and have been shooting with one of the brewers. Alas, the only thing they have from Blue Pants is your Strawberry Saison in a 22-oz bottle for $5.99 per bottle.

I'd like to stop by your tap room some day and meet you again, and also go shooting with you at Swan Creek real soon! If we don't do it by Thanksgiving we'll have to wait until February....

I just realized I hadn't updated in a while. Life as a brewer is very busy. 16 and 17 hour days are not uncommon.

Recently, we expanded to distributing in Tennessee and we released our first 6 packs of bottles. Before last week, the only bottles we had were 22 oz bottles. The beer that was put into six packs was actually my first recipe for the brewery. It is called "Workman" and is similar to Anchor Steam Beer, but we used some uncommon ingredients for the style (California Common is the style). I used ingredients that have been popular with southern breweries and we call the style the "Alabama Common."

Since we have expanded to new markets and we have a new packaging format, we need more fermenters. We have two more fermenters coming in early next week. The three fermenters we had up to this point were 30 barrel (930 gallon) fermenters. The two that are coming in are 60 barrels each, so we will be even more busy trying to keep the fermenters filled with beer.

If any of you are ever in the Huntsville area, let me know and I will give you a tour of the brewery. We are opening a patio this week for outdoor drinking and live music, so we should be able to keep you entertained.

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Excellent!

I'll have to keep an eye out for your bottles here in Nashville...

I know we have our 22oz bottles in Nashville now. It will be a few more weeks before Workman gets there in 6 packs. The demand is high in Nashville, so we are worried about releasing before we build our supply. If you are a hop head, keep your eyes out for "Weedy's Double IPA" also. It will be released in about a month.

honkey said:
LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Excellent!

I'll have to keep an eye out for your bottles here in Nashville...

I know we have our 22oz bottles in Nashville now. It will be a few more weeks before Workman gets there in 6 packs. The demand is high in Nashville, so we are worried about releasing before we build our supply. If you are a hop head, keep your eyes out for "Weedy's Double IPA" also. It will be released in about a month.

Ooooooh, I love a good IPA. :shock:

Thanks for the heads-up...

Honkey, I'm sure the days can be long but be glad brewing is your job. My job has been keeping me away from home brewing, reloading and worst of all my wife and kids.

I'll certainly look up your brews if I get down that way!

carbinemike said:
Honkey, I'm sure the days can be long but be glad brewing is your job. My job has been keeping me away from home brewing, reloading and worst of all my wife and kids.

I'll certainly look up your brews if I get down that way!

I didn't mean for it to sound like I was complaining about long days! I love every minute of it! I just got a promotion which is going to allow me to stop teaching trumpet lessons on weekdays, so I'll get to spend even more time at the brewery. Luckily, I live less than two minutes from the brewery and I typically get Saturday nights and Sunday mornings free (with the exception of running in for a few minutes to check temperatures of the fermenters).

I hope you can find more time to spend with the wife and kids. I have had a few weeks where I couldn't spend time with my fiancee or my dog and it was hell. My fiancee is understanding when it happens, but my dog will let me know she's pissed at me.

I didn't mean for it to sound like I was complaining about long days!
I didn't take it that you were complaining. I am coming off an 18 hour day and it was me that was complaining! :D

It will ease up soon and the British pale ale ingredients I have waiting will be dealt with in the proper manner.

Back