• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

JIC CASE

grumpy

Copper BB
Just purchase a 500 persuader.I recently found out this is available with a waterproof canister in the model: JIC. Can I purchase just the cannister since i purchased the wrong model without the cannister

Thanks
Jim K

Welcome aboard!

You may be able to find one for sale on ebay, etc. Don't think Mossberg has ever sold the tubes separately...

grumpy said:
Just purchase a 500 persuader.I recently found out this is available with a waterproof canister in the model: JIC. Can I purchase just the cannister since i purchased the wrong model without the cannister

Thanks
Jim K

hi grumpy,,,make you own out of pvc.lowes or home depot will have all you need and you'll save yourself some money.
3 or 4" pvc cut to what ever length you want,1 end cap glued on. 1 end cap threaded on.
should work. grab a nylon sling from walmart,,,,,good to go.

old mossy said:
hi grumpy,,,make you own out of pvc.lowes or home depot will have all you need and you'll save yourself some money.
3 or 4" pvc cut to what ever length you want,1 end cap glued on. 1 end cap threaded on.
should work. grab a nylon sling from walmart,,,,,good to go.

I was going to recommend the same thing.

I have a big 6 inch tube laying around that already has the solid endcap glued on. All I need to finish it is to cut it to the length I want and buy a threaded end and glue it in place.

But dang, the threaded end for a 6 inch tube is almost $20 by itself and I still haven't gotten over the sticker shock enough to buy it yet :lol:

But dang, the threaded end for a 6 inch tube is almost $20 by itself and I still haven't gotten over the sticker shock enough to buy it yet

$20$$$...ouch. I haven't done a plumbing project in a long time and things have obviously gone up. Making one yourself does seem pretty straight forward though.

SMITTY

I called general plastics and was told they do not do this and they ownly deal with contractors.

Who should I talk to.

GRUMPY

grumpy said:
pipe at US Pipe,fancy plug at Cherne Industries and a carrying handle at http://www.straps.com this and some glue and you have your own waterproof case

glad you got one together,and thanks for the links.post some pics when you get it finished.

Back