• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Judge blocks Deerfield Illionois gun ban

John A.

Unconstitutional laws are not laws.
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
A judge blocked a ban on assault weapons and high capacity magazines in the small town of Deerfield, Illinois, less than 24 hours before it was meant to go into effect.
The decision, handed down Tuesday evening in the 19th Judicial Circuit Court in Lake County, Illinois, is a small victory for gun rights groups, who sued the Chicago suburb in April after it became the first municipality to ban assault weapons following the Parkland high school shooting. The Deerfield ordinance was passed unanimously by all six board members on April 2.

https://news.vice.com/en_us/article...do-town-hours-before-it-was-to-go-into-effect

IIRC Today the Calif moratorium on prosecution for unregistered AR/AK/etc ownership ends. This means tomorrow half the gun owners in California are not just felons. but felons prosecutable under the law. I fully expect another legal filing, promoting another moratorium, for as long as this can be played out.

Of course California doesn't have one single empty jail cell, without kicking someone else free, our sheriff said she won't confiscate, and the backlog in courts is about 2 to 3 years between arrest and sentence.

:popcorn:

That's kinda what happens when you make everything a crime and everyone a criminal.

Just sayin'.

IIRC Today the Calif moratorium on prosecution for unregistered AR/AK/etc ownership ends.

I really feel bad for all the good people in Komifornica affected by those laws. I'm glad you are in a "sanctuary" county... :) What law agency is "above" your county agency? This would exclude the FBI and ATF as they are Fed agencies and should not "help" CA enforce state laws... The first pic reminds me of your dilemma... :(

It is like they are just adding insult to injury along with a kick in the nuts! Meaning, not only do you have to have your gun(s) stripped of features that do NOTHING to add to the lethality of the weapon (ie: adjustable stocks, pistol grips, bayonet lugs and flash hiders), but you also have to aid them in compiling a list of guns that will eventually be confiscated! :eek:

I honestly can't say what I would do if I was in your shoes. Maybe have an unregistered arsenal stashed away for when the SHTF? With all the "bad" features including hi-cap mags, shortened barrels and perhaps a home-made suppressor? I mean, if you are going to be an enforcer during end of days, who cares how non-compliant your gun is? :cool:

I belong to a FB group called "80% Builder" and your issue is on many Californian group member's minds. I made a comment of "Loose Lips Sink Ships" and I think one of the mods deleted it. Probably because it could be interpreted to mean "don't tell anyone about your unregistered guns" which is against the group rule of "don't condone illegal behavior". :rolleyes: What I really meant to say was "What they don't know won't hurt you!" ;) But I have yet to end up in FB jail... :D

losemndalake.jpg llss.jpg

Here you must register or destroy.

It would be totally illegal to convert any gun which was previously compliant here, but not compliant now & it has been so for 18 mos; but silly folks are still doing it.

See an illegal gun is just one crime, but converting one adds a second charge. You may not convert an illegal gun to be legal. It must have been manufactured that way (compliant) before importation.

People are converting guns with parts that were unavailable 18 mos ago, yet they are told this is OK by parts sellers.

Last edited:
Back