• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Laserlyte Bore Sighter Systems MBS-PAK And MBS-1 Review

DHonovich

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Sponsor
"Philanthropist"
MBS-1_right.jpg

MBS-1_BARREL-1.jpg

MBS-1_sg_adapt_3_1.jpg

SPECIFICATIONS:
- Product Number: MBS-1
- Compatible Firearms: .22 - .50 Caliber, minimum 3-inch barrel
- Power Output: Class IIIA, 5mw
- Laser module: 650nm
- Batteries: 3-393 batteries
- Battery Life: 1.5 hours constant on
- Material: 6061 T6 aluminum
- Weight: .75 oz., 20 g
- Length/Max., Dia./Min. Dia./Height: 5 in./.52 in./.20 in., 129 mm/ 13.25 mm/ 5 mm
- Range at Night: 500 yd., 457.2 m
- MSRP: $64.95

MBS-PAK_CASE.jpg

MBS-PAK-PARTS.jpg

MBS-Exploded_view.jpg

MBS-PAK_SHOTGUN.jpg

MBS-PAK_SLA.jpg

SPECIFICATIONS:
- Product Number: MBS-PAK
- Compatible Bore Tool: MBS-1, MBS-1722 (leveler only)
- Case Material: polymer
- Batteries: 12-393
- Weight: 25.3 oz./717.24 g
- L x W x H: 8 in. x 5.5 in. x 1.75 in. /203.30mm x 139.70mm x 44.45mm
- MSRP: $29.95

p939610450-4.jpg

p761835797-4.jpg

p760254655-4.jpg

p854225956-4.jpg

p617331542-4.jpg

p1023938178-4.jpg

First Impressions: The LaserLyte MBS-1 and MBS-PAK seem to be well made. The MBS-1 has a very nice red finish to it and is quite small in size. The MBS-PAK provides a really nice case for your MBS-1 and all the accessories to be safely stored in. The portability of this kit was a big selling point for me. I wanted a kit that I could bring to the range for the days when I am sighting in my firearms. I also like the idea that I could have this kit with me when I go hunting god forbid I drop the rifle and feel like the scope might be off. That sort of event could ruin a well planned out hunting trip but this kit could save the day.

Installation: You simply choose the correct adapter for your barrel and then you screw it onto the MBS-1. Now insert it into the barrel and twist it gently till it fits snugly. Turn on the laser and sight in your scope!

Use: The LaserLyte MBS-1 and MBS-PAK combination allow you to easily and conveniently sight in your pistol, rifle or shotgun. I have used this on several setups and have had great success zeroing them in quickly. The price of this kit is quickly gained back when you look at how much money you save on wasted ammunition while trying to sight in your scopes. An added bonus of this kit is achieved when using it on your shotgun; I use this kit as a way to practice mounting and following a line on the wall for my sporting clays shotgun.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

That it is! I highly recommend the LaserLyte MBS-1 and MBS-PAK to any gun enthusiast.

p130553729-4.jpg

Using the LaserLyte MBS-1 and MBS-PAK on my Mossberg 930 Autoloader to practice for sporting clays.

I wouldn't use it in a rifle, but I know folks who use it for stock adjustments at the trap range. But you know that's a 70/30 or 60/40 type sighting-in, not aligning a red dot or other sight system.

thanx blue...looks like i'll be investing in the previously mentioned bore system. (not the one i posted)

I will try and get my hands on the Cabela's setup and see how it compares.

I just went to the site and tried to comment. It kept saying "There was a problem posting your comment. Maybe it was to short." I'm sure it wasn't to short. I actually wrote a paragraph.

Would you mind trying again, we were updating some of the site before so that might have been why. Sorry.

I'll have to try it on my computer later. Still not letting me.

Back