• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Late season deer?

MikeD

I'm Your Huckleberry
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
"Philanthropist"
Anyone else hunting late season?

I went out Christmas Eve with the muzzleloader and then hunted a different area on Monday with my bow. Nothing moving either day.

I've only got 2 days left to my season. It ends Jan 1 and I have to work til the weekend.

With my combination of tags and the seasons open I can hunt does with a gun or I can hunter either buck or does with a bow. I've been picking the weapon of choice based on where I hunt and the likely ranges I can shoot.

My brother is stationed in Dover (DE) and said their deer season runs through February.....I'm thinking a visit might be in order. I've got to do something til Turkey season opens in the spring. LOL

No...did my hunting the day it opened and the next day...saw plenty of signs but no luck !!

Here's how the whitetail season runs in Pennsylvania...

DEER, ARCHERY (Antlerless Only) WMUs 2B, 5C and 5D: Sept. 17-30, and Nov. 14-26.
One antlerless deer with each required antlerless license.

DEER, ARCHERY (Antlered and Antlerless) WMUs 2B, 5C and 5D: Oct. 1-Nov. 12 and Dec. 26-Jan. 28. One antlered deer per hunting license year. One antlerless deer with each required antlerless license.

DEER, ARCHERY (Antlered and Antlerless) Statewide: Oct. 1-Nov. 12 and Dec. 26-Jan. 16.
One antlered deer per hunting license year. One antlerless deer with each required antlerless license.

DEER (Antlered and Antlerless) WMUs 1A, 1B, 2B, 3A, 3D, 4A, 4C, 5A, 5B, 5C and 5D: Nov. 28-Dec. 10. One antlered deer per hunting license year. An antlerless deer with each required antlerless license.

DEER (Antlered Only) WMUs 2A, 2C, 2D, 2E, 2F, 2G, 3B, 3C, 4B, 4D and 4E: Nov. 28-Dec. 2.
One antlered deer per hunting license year. (Holders of valid DMAP antlerless deer permits may harvest antlerless deer on DMAP properties during this period.)

DEER (Antlered and Antlerless) WMUs 2A, 2C, 2D, 2E, 2F, 2G, 3B, 3C, 4B, 4D and 4E: Dec. 3-10.
One antlered deer per hunting license year. An antlerless deer with each required antlerless license.

DEER, ANTLERLESS (Statewide): Oct. 20-22. Junior and Senior License Holders, Disabled Person Permit (to use a vehicle) Holders, and Pennsylvania residents serving on active duty in U.S. Armed Services or in the U.S. Coast Guard only, with required antlerless license. Also included are persons who have reached or will reach their 65th birthday in the year of the application for a license and hold a valid adult license, or qualify for license and fee exemptions under section 2706. One antlerless deer with each required antlerless license.

DEER, ANTLERLESS MUZZLELOADER (Statewide): Oct. 15-22. An antlerless deer with each required antlerless license.

DEER, ANTLERED OR ANTLERLESS FLINTLOCK (Statewide): Dec. 26-Jan. 16.
One antlered deer per hunting license year, or one antlerless deer and an additional antlerless deer with each required antlerless license.

DEER, ANTLERED OR ANTLERLESS FLINTLOCK (WMUs 2B, 5C, 5D): Dec. 26-Jan. 28.
One antlered deer per hunting license year, or one antlerless deer and an additional antlerless deer with each required antlerless license.

DEER, Antlerless (WMUs 2B, 5C and 5D): Dec. 26-Jan. 28.
An antlerless deer with each required antlerless license.

DEER, ANTLERLESS (Military Bases): Hunting permitted on days established by the U.S. Department of the Army at Letterkenny Army Depot, Franklin County; New Cumberland Army Depot, York County; and Fort Detrick, Raven Rock Site, Adams County. An antlerless deer with each required antlerless license.

=====================================================================

SHOOTER13 said:
No...did my hunting the day it opened and the next day...saw plenty of signs but no luck !!

Here's how the whitetail season runs in Pennsylvania...<snip>

I think I need a lawyer for this. LOL

I'm in the same boat, season ends in Ga Jan 1st.
It's been a tough season down here, unseasonably warm temps, and over abundance of acorns have the deer moving at night, I had some luck in the earlier season taking a 7 pointer and a 135lb doe, but haven't seen nothing since early November.

Alabama's season runs through the end of Jan, plus the rut heats up about mid month there.
I just might have to go see what it's all about.

Back