• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Let The Games Begin

Coyote56

So now we shall look at both the Mossberg 930 SPX and Benelli M2.
Both purpose built as defensive weapons. One uses an Inertia Drive..clean, easy to maintain and reliable. The other a low recoil, established gas system.
Which is better? What do y’all think?
0A1DCB40-E505-4A57-9A3F-C808FF092388.jpeg 0B420C8B-D948-4861-B4D8-F1C76A4D3871.jpeg

The M2 is an obviously superior firearm, I'd be more than happy to relieve you of that POS 930 so can suffer no longer.

Only way to be sure, shoot them until they fail. Shoot them some more. First one to spontaneously combust=loses.

I would choose the Benelli M2 first, but would not mind having the 930 as a backup.

Comparison will be minus the OR3GUN trick parts I bolted on the Mossberg. Both shotguns are gonna be box stock.
These parts are gonna be for sale regardless of which one (or even both) I keep.
A9BE4340-C48F-4ECB-B51D-E894A5415BC7.jpeg

A bit of a biased comparison. The M2 has 30 years of problem solving built into it. The thin-walled barrels are (still) prone to being dented by entry teams, which is why the manual arms now specifies not using single-point slings. The also suffered the same spring/tube issues known in the 930. Annnd, many of them can't shoot light loads.

I switched my M2s for the 930- understanding that I would not leave them stock.

So. For hard, rough use, handling a wide variety of loads- hands down the 940 upgrade (i e., 930 with OR3Gun parts and SBE piston).

For a cruiser gun, or competition, the M2.

Are you doing a shoot-till-it-stops comparison, or...?

My solution to your problem is this.

Polish up that Benelli and sell it to some starry eyed newbie for too much money. Then use it to go buy more ammo for the Mossberg.

Not looking like there is gonna be much of a contest. A friend was truly wanting that 930, more so than I. So…it’s on the way to a new home. Thinking a 590A1 may be the replacement.

Glad your buddy ended up with it. Not gonna lie, I was hoping to see which choked first, but oh well. That could've taken several cases of shells per gun and shells aren't exactly cheap these days just to be blowing through them.

The 590 is good.

Not looking like there is gonna be much of a contest. A friend was truly wanting that 930, more so than I. So…it’s on the way to a new home. Thinking a 590A1 may be the replacement.

I'd take a close look at the differences between the 590 and the 590A1. Depending on how you're planning to use it the 590A1 (which was purpose built) might not be the best choice.

However, either one is excellent weapon right out of the box. Spend your extra money on ammo vice nice to have mods.

Regards

5901A would just be another member of the collection. Benelli Nova alongside a Sig Sauer P220 are the designated defense options right now

Back