• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Lets see some bayonets

Since I have all the Vietnam contracted M7 bayonets I decided I needed a M9.

This is my Gen2 Phrobis lll

Love your M7s, M9 UUUGGGHHH I hated that thing with a passion, I had a couple follow me home, all given away. They made a very poor bayonet and a worse knife, the M9 does nothing well not even opening mre's lol. But I do understand the collection progression,

I didnt realise there was gen's and models... here I just thought an m9 was an m9.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Yeah, in 1987 they started and the military didn't like the gen1 markings so they made my gen2, then a 3rd and 4th gen the same year. The 4th gens were made till Phrobus lost the contract so they are the ones you see most times.

Other then the stampings the Phrobus bayonets are the same.

There's my M7, and my Ontario M9. DJ, what exactly dont you like about the M9? Its heavy, sharp, pointy, and holds an edge. Not that I use mine for an EDC, but it seems useful enough.
0a102bac4e582e57efd97888f4ec60e3.jpg

There's my M7, and my Ontario M9. DJ, what exactly dont you like about the M9? Its heavy, sharp, pointy, and holds an edge. Not that I use mine for an EDC, but it seems useful enough.
0a102bac4e582e57efd97888f4ec60e3.jpg

if change is progress so be it, but taking my tried and true M7 an old friend and giving me a harder to keep sharp, heavier to carry, hunk just for the sake of change to move product is irritating, had they hand us a tool that actually made a difference as in the wire cutter would cut say chain fence or the saw actually sawed then maybe, but that wasnt the case. Gimme back my M7.
Ps if you hammer an M9 into a wood post, it does make a solid step for scaling a wall :quote:

if change is progress so be it, but taking my tried and true M7 an old friend and giving me a harder to keep sharp, heavier to carry, hunk just for the sake of change to move product is irritating, had they hand us a tool that actually made a difference as in the wire cutter would cut say chain fence or the saw actually sawed then maybe, but that wasnt the case. Gimme back my M7.
Ps if you hammer an M9 into a wood post, it does make a solid step for scaling a wall :quote:
Fair enough, I've never carried either because I had to. That explanation is as good as any in my book.

Back