• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Let's See Those Custom/Rare Blades

shooter13 knows his s**t. glad he's on our side. lol

SHOOTER13 said:
I really like the looks of this one...wicked blade, yet spartan in design.

WICKEDSET-1-1.jpg

Throw a serrated edge on the lower 1/3 of that blade and that would truly be the ultimate man killer. Where did you pick this up at?

EDIT: I've been into knife design and combat since I was young. If there is one thing I know it's blades and what they can do. I'm not some crazy stalker murderer.

Sn3aKyGuY said:
SHOOTER13 said:
I really like the looks of this one...wicked blade, yet spartan in design.

WICKEDSET-1-1.jpg

Throw a serrated edge on the lower 1/3 of that blade and that would truly be the ultimate man killer. Where did you pick this up at?

EDIT: I've been into knife design and combat since I was young. If there is one thing I know it's blades and what they can do. I'm not some crazy stalker murderer.

:lol: ...highlights in quote are mine... :D

When I was traveling for the DoD, I would pick up a blade and a Zippo lighter in every port of call.
Therefore, I gots a 'few' knives and Zippos !! I do believe I picked this particular blade up in Donegal, Ireland...back in '99. It's my ancestral home...

jacques590 said:
my share...hand made kukri

DSC_0557.jpg

Very nice Jacques...handmade by you ?

The pronunciation "Kukri" is of western origin, the Nepalese people to whom this weapon belongs pronounce it as "Khukuri." It is known to many people as simply the "Gurkha blade" or "Gurkha knife".
The blade's distinctive forward drop is intended to act as a weight on the end of the blade and make the kukri fall on the target faster and with more power. Although a popular legend states that a Gurkha "never sheathes his blade without first drawing blood" (this is said to be what the small, sharp notch on the blade near the handle is for: in case you wanted to draw your kukri for a non-militant purpose, and needed to draw blood before sheathing your knife. You could scrape your thumb on the notch, draw blood, and sheathe your knife without breaking tradition), the kukri is most commonly employed as a multi-use utility tool rather like a machete.

Here's another one I've had since I was a kid...

I've always been fascinated with wolves. This was engraved for me one year as a birthday gift...

WOLFhowl.jpg

Howlin' good blade ya got there bro...!!

Whats the handle made of ?! ... Bone, Horn, Ebony ?

White area near the pommel...probably horn or antler...then again could be bone too !!

Here's a Colt Custom knife from the Franklin Mint that my wife got me for my 40th birthday...among other presents from that day.... ;)

Pictured on the handle is a Colt Thunderer Model 1877...one of the first double action revolvers that Colt ever made. The Thunderer was chambered in .41 Colt, while the other two pistols in that line, the Lightning and the Rainmaker, were chambered in .38 Colt and .32 Colt respectively.

Old West Outlaw John Wesley Hardin frequently used both Lightning and Thunderer versions of the Colt 1877 revolver. Likewise the 1877 Thunderer in .41 caliber was the preferred weapon of Billy the Kid and was his weapon of choice when he was killed by Pat Garrett in 1881.

COLTTHUNDERER-1.jpg

COLTDA-1.jpg

COLTDASET-1.jpg

Here's another Colt sanctioned blade from my collection...this one commemorating the AR15 semi-automatic rifle.

COLTAR15-2.jpg

The AR-15 is based on the 7.62 mm AR-10, designed by Eugene Stoner of the Fairchild ArmaLite corporation. The AR-15 was developed as a lighter, 5.56 mm version of the AR-10. The "AR" in AR-15 comes from the ArmaLite name. ArmaLite's AR-1, AR-5, and some subsequent models were bolt action rifles, the AR-7 a semiautomatic survival rifle and there are shotguns and pistols whose model numbers also include the "AR" prefix.

ArmaLite sold its rights to the AR-10 and AR-15 to Colt in 1959. After a tour by Colt of the Far East, the first sale of AR-15s were made to Malaysia on 30 September 1959 with Colt's manufacture of their first 300 AR-15s in December 1959. Colt marketed the AR-15 rifle to various military services around the world, including the U.S. Navy, Air Force, Army, and Marine Corps. The AR-15 was eventually adopted by the United States military under the designation M16. However, Colt continued to use the AR-15 trademark for its semi-automatic variants which were marketed to civilian and law-enforcement customers.

My rarest blade would probably be this hand forged Finnish "Puukko" deer skinner with a sheath made fom real reindeer hide. It's large at more than 16" long with a razor sharp 9" blade for skinning and chopping. It was actually used for it's intended purpose too, before I aquired it through a collector. The fillet knife on the bottom was made for me by my dad from an old Nicholson Black Diamond file, with a hardwood handle and leather sheath. He heated it to draw back the hardness & then retempered it so it can be used without snapping & still keep a razor edge. I've used the fillet knife to shave with on camping trips before.

005-17.jpg

If I may turn up the geek factor a bit...I just came across some Halloween pics from a couple years back to share. This is me as a knight (duh) with an authentic Marto, King Jacob edition Claymore sword from Toledo, Spain. (Not a flimsy China sword) I made the leather baldric by hand to carry the heavy broad sword and matching claymore dagger. The Marto sword is 4 1/2 feet long, with solid rosewood handle, high carbon steel blade with 24 karat gold inlay on the hilt, pommel, and blade. Imagine the looks at Walmart when I walked in. They didn't know whether to call 911 or the men in the white coats. It was my first time taking my young son trick or treating so I had to dress up to. You may feel free to laugh at me, but please don't dis' the blade. Hey, you gotta have fun in life. :D

075.jpg

074.jpg

Back