• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Let's talk slings

I am running a Blue Force Gear padded two point Vickers sling on my Mossberg 590A1, and an unpadded two point Vickers on my AR build. They are really solid slings for the money, especially if you like rugged simplicity. The quick extension tab is super simple for swapping between shooting and hiking/administrative carry positions.

Here's a link: https://www.blueforcegear.com/padded-vickers-sling

Good stuff there. Thanks for sharing the info. BFG makes some really good stuff.

And welcome to the Forum!

Dave (nitesite)

Good stuff there. Thanks for sharing the info. BFG makes some really good stuff.

And welcome to the Forum!

Dave (nitesite)

Thanks Dave!

I also chose them because, as an employee of the gun industry, I get a damn good price on them :D I think some of their accessory hardware is a little overpriced for what you get, but not the slings.

Well I've pretty much plastered this pic in almost every section of this sight but here's my Magpul MS3 sling. I really like the paraclips. My two AR's both use qd's. I like the paraclips better but not enough to switch my rifles over to them.

E1D74286-D29D-48B1-96C8-56319CEC8E92_zpsddlpzvw6.jpg

INMY01TA,

I run a Magpul MS3 on my patrol rifle. What a great sling. I drop it over me as a two-point but can switch it to single point in a couple seconds because of the front clip.

Good choice you made!

I also use Magpul slings. I have two running both on MVP Patrols (.308/5.56). I always fix a sling to a rifle, but carry is a very secondary duty. They are adjusted to use as a hasty. So much better when shooting without a bipod or rest.

I'm running a BFG 2 point vickers sling on my AR. Looking at the ferro concepts slingster sling for my next build.

Got a regular 2 point sling on 1 of my nickle 500. Also on my 464 Spx which I sometimes throw an elbow into to stabilize my shot.

I just put together a single point for my Scorpion EVO3 S1. I had to move the mount point forward from the sling slots on the brace. So it's not sexy but it works and I need retention on it now that I can carry it at work. I'll keep looking for something better but this definitely works.

I just put together a single point for my Scorpion EVO3 S1. I had to move the mount point forward from the sling slots on the brace. So it's not sexy but it works and I need retention on it now that I can carry it at work. I'll keep looking for something better but this definitely works.
What kind of work do you do?

That's an awesome gun for that job. I'm a Chicago man. Our cops don't carry stuff like that. 870's and Ar 15's are common here for them. I'm not sure if it's allowed. My cop buddies did tell me that they purchase their own weapons and cuffs though. Can get expensive I'm sure.

I picked up a Magpul Paraclip for the front sling mount on my 590A1. I am using the built in sling mount on the Magpul stock for the rear attachment. the sling is a basic black web sling that I had in my "Box O' Parts".....

That's an awesome gun (Scorpion) for that job. I'm a Chicago man. Our cops don't carry stuff like that. 870's and Ar 15's are common here for them. I'm not sure if it's allowed. My cop buddies did tell me that they purchase their own weapons and cuffs though. Can get expensive I'm sure.

Yeah, it does. I used to take my personal M1A Scout Squad on duty as well as my personal AR-15. And $1500 worth of Aimpoints.

Now it's my Scorpion and AR and the two Aimpoints. Three grand just for the two guns and optics.

Back