• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Let's talk slings

John A.

Unconstitutional laws are not laws.
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Slings can be an important piece of gear. Especially if you're moving long distances and need your hands.

And are probably one of the more mundane and overlooked accessories out there.

Until you really need one.

I have used everything from old shoestrings and paracord to webbing and leather, but I recently bought one that I think is the best sling out there.

It is a web strap with sling stud attachments with a non-movable rubber contact piece that is quite comfortable and stays put.

It is called a quake claw and is a no frills comfortable piece of gear that is very well built and I can recommend them to anyone.

http://www.quakeinc.com/store.php?s...ptic Covers&category=Rifle and Shotgun Slings

What's your favorite?

PS. I like your avatar.

war bonnet.png

What's your favorite?

PS. I like your avatar.

View attachment 5853

Hard to say honestly. I like my OD VTAC for general purpose use, the Troy battle sling for "toting" and even my old Blackhawk bungee single point for shooting from a low ready. I really need a new/wider/better single point bungee. My newest is one that a guy on SnipersHide assembles. He calls it the Mountain sling. I try to set everything I can up with QD mounts so I can move things around..

http://www.snipershide.com/2013/03/the-mountain-shooter-sling/

Glad you like the longhair koko avi

Here is what I use for slings on my Mossberg 500, a Post-War US issue M-1 Sling and the US Current-Recent issue sling.
Mark

Last edited:
  • image.jpg just got myself a new sling and butt cuff for my marlin 30-30. 2nd time i have done business with a nice gentleman in north Texas. he makes what ever i ask for. have a scabbord coming for the 45/70.

have a standard no frills 2 point on my 930 and mand p 15.

Last edited:
I have Ares Armor Huskey Amentum Slider Slings set up on my carbines...

They are all outfitted with IWC 2 to 1 point QD conversion tri-glides...

...for fast, easy transition to a single-point configuration...

My favorite sling is the SOE (Special Operation Equipment) 2 to 1. It's similar to the MagPul slings in that it a 2 point sling that can be converted into a 1 point sling. What I like about it over the MagPul slings is the addition of the elestic bungee material in it. It has some give so if you are bouncing around you don't take all of the punishment. It's also like that I can keep it tight to the body to free my hands up and if something happens quick, it has enough give to allow you to still shoulder the weapon and move around without having to adjust it again.

I liked the design, but has 3 MagPul slings, so I didn't see the value in buying one. Then I won one from them on a Facebook contest were you had to guess how many slings they had in a photo. Once I had a change to field test it, I replaced the rest of my MagPul stuff with SOE slings. They have tons of options, and are all made custom by hand. Can't beat the quality.

http://www.originalsoegear.com/collections/belts-slings-1/products/2-to-1-point-convertible-sling

I just like the one where one end hooks up mid-way to the muzzle end and the other to the butt end....like on my Lee-Enfield, or a Model-1903 Springfield Rifle.
Mark

Back