• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Lever Guns

Anyone own a Lever??

I've had this Winchester Model 94AE .44 Magnum for a while now. This is one fine shooting hard hitting SOB!!!

Iron sights are excellent, I've shot about 100 rounds of Hornady Leverevolution ammo 225 grain and kick like a mule!! http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/de ... ber=765870

The Hornady with the red tip, Blazer next to it a 9mm for comparison..

The Winchester Model 94AE

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I love lever action, always did. I owned a Marlin 1894 in .44 Magnum 25 years ago or so and sold it to fund the purchase of a dirt bike!!

Re: Anyone own a Lever??

Don't own one yet, but my Pop has two Winchester 1894s. One in .30 WCF, and one in .38-55. The latter is a Chief Crazy Horse limited edition.

I use the .44mag Hornady LEVERevolution in my 6" revolver. It does kick like mule!

Re: Anyone own a Lever??

My brother owns a Marlin 336 lever action in 30-30 and it truly is a blast to shoot!

One I couldn't resist!!!

A Henry Golden Boy "Big Boy" in 45 Colt. My shop was just receiving a new order when I stopped in and I saw all the Henry boxes with almost all of them .22 Cal then I saw the "Big Boy" 45 Colt and there was only 2.

I grabbed the owner who I know rather well and asked him if the 45's where special order or stock, he said stock. I asked him to come up with a price on one for me and I'd be back in less than hour. I came home and did some research and found they sell for anywhere from $675 to well over $700. I went back and he say's " For you, $650. I bought it on the spot..

Re: One I couldn't resist!!!

Nice find!

I love those moments. I swear I think my local shop keeps the cool stuff in opened up UPS/FedEx boxes behind the counter and "unpacks" them when he sees me pulling into the drive.

Congratulations on picking up another beauty!

Ultimate CC said:
Congratulations on picking up another beauty!

Thanks CC and LAZY. While I was at it I picked up a Henry Survival 22, price on it was $249 I got for $225.

Then I see a Marlin 22 Magnum that just STUCK out to me, she is another beauty and I'll get pics up soon. Beautiful Stainless bolt with a very well done laminate style stock with tube feed. I've wanted a 22 Mag since I sold my Rossi years ago. This one should shoot real nce..

Rossignol said:
Man, That is awesome!

Thanks, Brad. One I will shoot lightly and enjoy and hand it down in the end. Not much of a distance rifle but I love the 45 Colt and love the beauty of the rifle itself. I can't keep my hands off it!!!!! :lol:

The Henry Lever action is truly the dogs danglers when it comes to smooth action. makes my Winchester feel like a toy and feels much shorter and tighter than the Marlins I was playin with today..

I've never had my hands on a Henry, just Winchesters. I love the .45 in a rifle!

Here is one of my lever guns, Marlin 1895 GBL before the factory move. .45-70 gov't, laminated stock and forend, and blue.
IMG_20101005_163952.jpg

Post them if you have 'em!

Re: Lever Guns............We need a thread.

I will have to post up some pictures of my brothers Marlin 336 in .30-30...

My Winchester lever action...

WINCHESTER 1894....30WCF...TOP EJECT....CIRCA 1977

WINCHESTER1894small-1.jpg

The Winchester Model 1894 was the first commercial repeating rifle built to be used with smokeless powder. The 1894 was originally chambered to fire 2 metallic black powder cartidges, the .32-40 Winchester and .38-55 Winchester. In 1895 Winchester went to a different steel composition for rifle manufacturing that could handle higher pressure rounds and offered the rifle in .25-35 Winchester and .30-30 Winchester. The .30-30 Winchester, or .30WCF (Winchester Centerfire), is the cartridge that has become synonymous with the Model 1894.

I will have to get pics of my Marlin 1st year waffle top 336. You guys will love the "look", if it only could tell stories of the life it has lived.

Marlin 39A Golden that I've owned since I was 14

IMG_6370.jpg
IMG_6375.jpg

Winchester Centennial '66 in Unfired Condition (I also have the original box)

IMG_6373.jpg
IMG_6372.jpg

Back