• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Liberal NPR Blows Apart School Shooting Data

carbinemike

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
"Philanthropist"
240 schools in a government survey reported at least one shooting but a NPR investigation could only confirm 11. I am assuming that some of those that filled out the survey checked yes just because they don't like guns.

The 240 number came from the Department of Education. I'm still waiting for a lot of the swamp draining. It's time for the Dept. of Ed. to catch up with the EPA's progress.

https://www.npr.org/sections/ed/2018/08/27/640323347/the-school-shootings-that-werent

I figured a lot of those numbers were inflated.

It's never about facts, it's about perception and emotion.

Interesting that NPR is the one who blew this apart.

Yes, I heard this story this morning. And yes, I listen to NPR but with very critical and skeptical ears! Their news bulletins are no longer unbiased, IMO, let alone their news pieces. This IS one story I will agree with and if any building in the swamp needs to be drained, it is the Dept. of Ed.!

What I've seen in the past is that they will take any incident, involving a firearm, on or near school property, even if it's not an active school and lump it in. Just to inflate the numbers. Props to NPR, for actually doing real investigative work, and reporting.

That's exactly right because here all the schools have gun free zones within a thousand feet.

Any gun crime committed within that thousand yards will be reported as if it was committed at the actual School.

(Hey I'm not sure if that "thousand feet" business is accurate. It could be more or less in some places.)

Back