• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Libs to march on NRA DC office tomorrow

carbinemike

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
"Philanthropist"
http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/progressives-plan-march-on-nra-in-dc-monday

Lib group planning to march on the NRA's DC offices tomorrow. If you click on the link in the article to their Facebook page you can read the thoughts of some of the dumbest, ill-informed people on the planet. Unlike these people, I have to work tomorrow or I'd love to go and heckle them, maybe toss some eggs etc.

Here's one:
The NRA and the Nation is misinterpreting the 2nd Amendment. This amendment provides for people right to participate in militia activities. We have thes organizations in Local Law Enforcement and National Guard activities. This Amendmend does not provide for the right to vigilante activities. If people want to bear arms they should be made to affiliate with the appropriate organizations. The NRA is taking this amendment completely out of context.

Odd how they think Police, Military, etc are some kind of super-humans and not what they really are, which is regular people like you and I. I thank them all for their service! Also, doesn't seem to be much focus on the fact that the majority of these shooters were not the owners of the firearm they were using! Part of being a responsible gun owner is making sure your firearm is secure. True gun safes can be broken into by someone with the will and the time. Just seems often they are basically just laying around.

Because of the school shooting, this has reached the level of mass public outcry, more so now more than ever. I think this one particularly has pushed the demand for greater control over the top.

There absolutely will be changes from washington and no one will oppose it because of fear of looking like they're on the wrong of this one.

Groups like this will keep it in the public view no matter how dumb they sound. Anyone who opposes will be made to look as if they don't care about the children.

Its long been said, if you want to get something passed by nearly everyone, make it about the kids.

Its long been said, if you want to get something passed by nearly everyone, make it about the kids.

Yep. Make it an emotional issue, not a common sense issue.

Anyone else wondering why the NRA has dropped off the face of the earth? No new NRA-ILA updates, no mentions of this shooting ... anything. I'm a proud NRA member, but I'd like to know my dues are going to help fight the things that are about to happen because of this tragic event.

I think they are being respectfully quiet and we'll hear from them after a week or so has passed. I'm key congressional people have been hearing from them.

That was kind of my initial thought. They disabled their Facebook page and I've heard reports that they've been getting death threats sent to the higher ups. I'm sure it's not new for them. Just curious.

NRA Statment:
Here's the statement, the first since the mass shooting in Connecticut:
National Rifle Association of America is made up of four million moms and dads, sons and daughters – and we were shocked, saddened and heartbroken by the news of the horrific and senseless murders in Newtown.

Out of respect for the families, and as a matter of common decency, we have given time for mourning, prayer and a full investigation of the facts before commenting.

The NRA is prepared to offer meaningful contributions to help make sure this never happens again.

The NRA is planning to hold a major news conference in the Washington, DC area on Friday, December 21.

So if the world ends they have an out LOL

Well I hope this news conference will be followed by a HUGE campaign with ads and news talk shows to get out the facts of the previous ban and the current ban being pushed by Feinhorn-leghorn as well as other facts regarding highly restrictive gun policies in DC, Chicago, NY and CA and how idiotic it is compared to free states and their crime rates.

Back