• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Light options/mount options 590A1

ralston

.22LR
I have a 590A1 that’s barrel recently came back from Vang Comp. Looking to mount a light to it. I have the Magpul MLok forend and I’m open to hear what’s worked for folks around here. I have an extra TLR-1 HL floating around and can use that as well as some clicky cap lights.

I had a 590SP 20" with ghost ring sights for many years as a patrol cop. I used it a LOT with a light because I worked nights. I know how a weapon light needs to throw its coverage as well as anyone.

Is your gun a bead sight or GRS?

Then get it as far forward towards the muzzle as you possibly can. The further back, the worse the shadow will screw with you. Please don't put a pressure switch on the forend. Pressure switches on a pump shotgun are bad ju-ju. ElZetta and GG&G make excellent mounts for clickie lights. The TLR-1 series is sooooo good (I own four of them) so you will have to find a spectacular pic rail clamp on mount. Good luck with that on a shotgun but you have a M-Lok forend so if you can mount a light pretty far forward you should be golden.

Just keep in mind the shadow if the light sux where it is mounted.

As nitesite mentioned, sometimes you have to play with the light position to get it to where
1. You can activate it (or turn it off)
2. Use it where the light works.

I only have a light on a winchester shotgun and it has a bead. With mine, it doesn't cast a very big shadow even further back (I can still use the light easily), but it's where I need it to be, and as a stroke of good luck, enough of the light shines right on my front bead illuminating it enough that I can use it in the dead of night too. Though, as my old friend used to say "if it's lit, it's hit", so I have gotten used to not using sights on my shotgun at night at all.

And yes, I do practice shooting at night sometimes too.

A little late to the party, but figured I would mention if other are looking for a 590 rail solution. If you are not running a bayonet, y'all might be interested in our new 590 Rail Adapter! Machined from one solid piece of 6061 Aircraft Grade aluminum, 4 Cerakote color-matched colors, and dual and tri-rail options available! (500/Mav 88 Rails in the works!)

https://defendertactical.com/products/tri-rail-mossberg-590-series

https://defendertactical.com/products/dual-rail-mossberg-590-series

Triple_Black_Alone_720x.png

590-A1_with_Dual_Rail_and_Light_720x.png

Reactions: 6MT
A bunch of posts are 6 months plus old, dang.
To the OP if still around, I would go with the TL Racker , it's a solid dedicated fore end light and for me is about as far forward as I would want to add weight, it's also under the plain of sight, the light you have is 4.32oz or so, try and keep it close to guns CG if used.

Back