• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Lightning Pump Action (LPA) Trigger Assembly instructions?

CCYooper

Copper BB
Last week I posted a question regarding assembling a bag of parts I was given regarding a trigger assembly. I figured out where the parts go but couldn't figure out what trigger group it was for a schematic or where the springs go as they are different from a standard M500. Well now that I am back I figured out its an LPA assembly; however, there are no schematics, instructions, or parts diagrams on the net that I could find. There are 4 types of twisty type springs and I'm having trouble placing them all. If someone can point me towards a U-tube video or take pictures down inside the assembly I can probably figure it out if I can see where they go. See my previous post on slotted trigger safety question for pictures. Regards,

CCYooper,
Internet info is indeed skimpy on this one! I did find the Mossberg adjustment instructions without too much trouble and noticed that it was shown as "Patent Pending". A search of the USPTO database turned up the coresponding patent, which includes a bunch of drawings that might help you get it together. I've (hopefully) attached both documents. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• LPA-Lightning-Pump-Action-Trigger-System-Adjustment.pdf
    71.1 KB · Views: 6
  • Mossberg LPA patent.pdf
    578.3 KB · Views: 7
Thank you! Unfortunately it does not show all the springs but I think I can figure it out. However, what it did show is that I am missing a couple of small springs and spring caps in the trigger which must have been lost when the individual took the group apart.

Sometimes you can make special "tools" to help with spring assembly. One that comes to mind is a paperclip bent into a tiny "U" hook. You also might try Harbor Freight. They have this "pick tool" set for $5.

image_13802.jpg

Roger that, my friend is a retired dentist and I have a full box of assorted picks, hooks, and other shaped instruments to work the springs.

Back