• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Logging on and everything else taking minutes

hombre243

.30-06
I have been trying to get into this forum for 2 days and finally got in. It takes many minutes for the forum to start up. None of my other sites are having problems. Is there a problem in the servers?

It has taken me several minutes to get to this thread.
hombre

I'm no computer wiz by no means,,,,,,have you tried a different browser? Cleared internet cookies and browser cache?

Chrome has a couple of known bugs but I don’t know whether they’ve been fixed in your version. This site has had problems with the security certificate in the past and I normally have to tell my machine to ignore it when that happens. I would consider uninstalling and reinstalling chrome. It’s possible that there’s something in your chrome cache that it’s calling for and it’s corrupted so the system can’t load it. It just sits there trying

Chrome has a couple of known bugs but I don’t know whether they’ve been fixed in your version. This site has had problems with the security certificate in the past and I normally have to tell my machine to ignore it when that happens. I would consider uninstalling and reinstalling chrome. It’s possible that there’s something in your chrome cache that it’s calling for and it’s corrupted so the system can’t load it. It just sits there trying

Cadd, I don't use Chrome much. I tried it for a comparison. I use edge full time now that IE is no longer serviced my MS. I just logged on at 350 am and all is much improved. It is a bit slow but nothing like before. Just must have been a hitch in her giddyup.

No problem here.

Could be routing. You may be routed through any number of routers and switches before arriving at this site. Which will be different for every site you connect to. if any node in the route is experiencing issues than you will experience issues.

This is absolutely true. If you were in an “area” (think virtual circuitry) that is not surrounded by available nodes, simultaneous failure of one or two can put you out of communication. Usually, it just takes some crazy long route though.

Cadd, I don't use Chrome much. I tried it for a comparison. I use edge full time now that IE is no longer serviced my MS. I just logged on at 350 am and all is much improved. It is a bit slow but nothing like before. Just must have been a hitch in her giddyup.

I use both, plus others. If they all goof, it’s external to me, because some don’t rely on my modem/router.

Back