• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Londons burning

Rossignol

The Original Sheriff
Global Moderator
Sponsor
To my friends across the pond, take care of you and yours. Stay safe any way you're able.

It will continue to happen. UK actually has thought police who go after people posting potential hate speech.

Hopefully these attacks can push forward a SCOTUS victory for the travel ban.

I'm losing every last ounce of sympathy I've had for these jihadist islamics (islamists, mooslims or whatever. . . ) and since 911 it wasn't much to begin with.

Maybe they should round up every Imam in England and put them, along with the mayor of London in a stone room below the tower.

Then throw a knife in the room and tell them that the last one standing gets to come out.

I agree with all your points. But how do we protect our lives and lifestyle without impinging on other persons rights? I'm not old enough to remember WWII, but I have relatives who have numbers tattooed on their forearms.

. . . how do we protect our lives and lifestyle without impinging on other persons rights? . . .

Somehow, the libs have convinced most folks that we have such a luxury.

I believe that we only enjoy whatever rights and freedoms we can secure for ourselves and keep a hold of by means of strength. This doesn't mean starting Wars of colonialist aggression, but it does mean that we defend ourselves in the most vigorous manner available.

And Defense, like charity, begins at home.

If there's a flood, and your boat is only big enough for you and the wife and kids, that's who you're going to save. That's your duty. You can maybe help other people later, but you protect your own first. That is God's natural law and we have understood this before even Noah.

Sedition is the crime with which we must be most concerned, in my opinion. That's the part of the "war on terror" that begins at home. Here we can legally take positive steps. We can insist that US citizens and non-citizen residents swear loyalty. We can quit educating Americans to be fuzzy headed liberals and start educating them to be strong loyal Americans.

If we have to inconvenience or discommode or emotionally upset foreign peoples, that is just how it is. We can't expect them to like it.

This all goes along with the same fallacy of No Child Left Behind or total gun control philosophy. "Wouldn't it be worth it?" They ask us, "Wouldn't it be worth it if we could even just save one? Wouldn't it be worth all that money and all that effort if we could save even one?"

No. It is not. It's absolutely not worth it.

It's not worth it because, if you applied that same effort and money to a more tenable problem, you could save hundreds and thousands.

This is also a prime concept in any successful business: you place your effort where it does the most good.

America has been a flop for three decades because we have been throwing our money and efforts down a hundred different rat holes.

Instead of figuring out how to save everyone in the whole world we need to figure out how to save ourselves first.

CaddmannQ, an amazing well thought out rejoinder. This forum is so cool. We can talk and exchange ideas without hate. You should be a professor in Political
Science. Or BBQ.

Thank you sir.

Before I retired I was a computer geek for an engineering company. I did CAD CAM & CAE for forty years, plus spent some time running a prototype shop & specialty construction crews.

I try to get along with everybody but I'm usually much better with Machinery than I am with people.

The liberals of the world are the ones pushing the no borders concept. They believe those that have automatically owe the have nots. It does not matter to them that the have's earned what they have. Usually what they are doing is trying to convince folks that their way is the "fair", and that they are most compassionate. What they actually want is power and control.

With Donald Trump as president, the liberals and establishment types see a threat to their goals of complete and total domination and are in full panic mode . They are growing more and more frantic and going to greater efforts to undermine his every move. Of course the media for the most part is the arm of the left that pushes the agenda to the public.

Back