• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Long time lurker first time Mossberg owner in CA

ForThePews

Copper BB
Greetings from Commie-Fornia,

I've been a long time lurker on this site researching my first Shotgun purchase. There is a lot of good info on here, and everyone seems quite helpful.

Still a prospective buyer, and looking at either picking up a Maverick 88, or a Mossberg 500.

Hope to contribute and learn lots from ya'll! :mornin:

Welcome to the forum from gun friendly Oklahoma. I have an 88 in 20 guage. It's an inexpensive form of home defense. I don't think you can go wrong with either from what I see on the forum.

Howdy and welcome!

The 88 is a fine choice....most every after market parts for the 500 will fit the 88 but changing the fore grip out and magazine tube can be a bit challenging for the novice as I`m learning with mine...I have the Security 88 and love it but for a few more dollars the 500 is the better of the two. Good luck and enjoy!

Howdy and welcome!

The 88 is a fine choice....most every after market parts for the 500 will fit the 88 but changing the fore grip out and magazine tube can be a bit challenging for the novice as I`m learning with mine...I have the Security 88 and love it but for a few more dollars the 500 is the better of the two. Good luck and enjoy.

Elbert,if you don't wear out those Mossbergs no one will. Mossberg should have you on their testing team.

Welcome to the forum from gun friendly Oklahoma. I have an 88 in 20 guage. It's an inexpensive form of home defense. I don't think you can go wrong with either from what I see on the forum.

I am really looking at the Maverick 88 since its the least expensive of the two, and I could save some $ for a nice stock and maybe a shell carrier!

Howdy and welcome!

The 88 is a fine choice....most every after market parts for the 500 will fit the 88 but changing the fore grip out and magazine tube can be a bit challenging for the novice as I`m learning with mine...I have the Security 88 and love it but for a few more dollars the 500 is the better of the two. Good luck and enjoy!

Appreciate the advice! I'm going to be checking them both out this weekend!

Welcome from MI!!

:cheers:
Howdy, welcome to the club.
Thank you for taking the time to introduce yourself.
Please, feel free to chime in on any conversation, anywhere, and let us know if you have any questions.

ripjack13

:welcome:

Back