• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

looking for a 18.5 barrel for 500 or 88

I am looking for a short barrel for my Maverick 88 which also takes mossberg 500 barrels, they have got a lot more expensive online on Ebay and I am gonna try and find one somewhere else. A few months ago they were just $89 with free shipping and now they are going close to $200 for just the barrel. I would like to keep my price as close to $100 as possible as I am on a fixed income and can't afford a lot. thanks

I believe the website Cheaper than Dirt had them in stock recently. Also they pop in and out of stock from various sellers on GunBroker.com at about retail cost.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

cheaper than dirt have been price gouging for years.

Friends don't let friends support that company.

cheaper than dirt have been price gouging for years.

Friends don't let friends support that company.
I just last week saw the 500/88 18.5" security barrel on their site for retail price and I believe a 10% off code to go with it when everyone else has been double or more. [emoji1745]

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

It's nothing you've done. I'm sure that boomer appreciates the help.

But cheaper than dirt are scum. At every opportunity, they raise prices to obscene levels at virtually every panic. $100 ar15 magazines. $1000 cases of ammo.

They even have been known to cancel orders that had already been placed before they hike the prices and before they ship just so they have more inventory to take advantage of those people who run up their credit cards in order to have something that is purported to be banned or otherwise take advantage of people.

Seriously, cheaper than dirt are nothing more than opportunistic bottom dwelling POS' who should go out of business.

f7FdEdG.jpeg

For S+Gs last week I put watches on 18" barrels on debay and it would appear the market for new is in the $200-$225 range. A f****g 18" breacher barrel went for $325! :eek: Some used 28" barrels went for the $100ish range--that might be something to consider, then cut it down.

wtfbreacher.JPG

For comparison I came across this ad from 2014--I forget what store... :eek:

And I'll make my own breacher (shown) before I spend THAT kind of money on a barrel! :D

unnamed.jpg

breachsaw.jpg

Yeah, Boomer, I think we're going to have to wait until Mossberg makes more of the damn things. I've been looking everywhere, too, and except for $200+ on Fleabay, it's unobtainium. Bummer.

I almost broke down and bought a regular field 88 at Rural King yesterday as it had the corn cob synthitic forend and the one I have now has the large forend. I thought I could buy the one at Rural King and keep it as my field gun and cut the one I have now down to 19 or so inches. I am still thinking about it as the Rural King one was under $200 which is less than just a barrel.

I almost broke down and bought a regular field 88 at Rural King yesterday as it had the corn cob synthitic forend and the one I have now has the large forend. I thought I could buy the one at Rural King and keep it as my field gun and cut the one I have now down to 19 or so inches. I am still thinking about it as the Rural King one was under $200 which is less than just a barrel.

Well I waited too late, called Rural King this morning and all three are gone, so I am back to square one. Maybe something will pop up.

Back