• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Looking for a good single point

I figured since the 6 shot model is a bit smaller (not by much) than the 9 shot model, I will want to go single point. I looked at other slings like the traditional 2 points and 3 points are apparently a disaster on pump guns so I thought I'd try out a good single point. I saw on a video once this guy had a single point that was attached to a sort of adapter that wrapped around the stock where your hand would be. I don't want to use one of those metal plates because it will lengthen that already long LOP. Been searching everywhere and can't seem to find a good one.

Hey Trevor! My fix for the rediculous 14 3/8" LOP was to use the Hogue short LOP stock and the receiver mounted sling plate. I also had to use a different bolt though as the Mossberg factory bolt was fine withthe Hogue but not the Hogue and the sling plate.

That may be more than you want to get into. The alternative and more like what youre talkin about would be the single point and an adapter with a quick release/side release buckle that could wrap the stock. I dont know how practical it is, and I havent seen a single point that wraps the stock, only in the two point configuration. I'm sure you can do it, but I dont know what will prevent the sling from moving and maybe sliding off the stock. I believe you would also have to purchase seperately the adapter with the quick release buckle, the sling would also have to be the kind that can accept it. Mine will not, it is the Botach Tactical. Good sling, but wont work for what youre lookin for.

Hmm okay, I just saw this video from tactical response fighting shotgun and this guy had a single point that wrapped around the stock. It wasn't like the type of wrap around like you would see from a 3 point, but it wrapped around the pistol grip area of the stock if that makes sense. I may not be able to find one, but I'm sorta leaning again towards that 2 point. Thanks for the info anyways RossIgnol, hope all is well!

Sure thing man, and if youre able, post a link to that video! I'd be interested in seein it!!!

I use that same 'wrap around' single-point rig on my 590a1. I'm going to switch to a receiver mounted sling plate ASAP. With the sling wrapped around the stock, I get a lot of interference with my grip and it occasionally gets in the way of the action release. I can never get it tight enough to prevent movement.

It works for now, but it can be very distracting...

Yeah, it's something that's ok for use during casual shoots at my buddy's farm, but I definitely wouldn't want it in the way if my life depended on it...

Thanks for the replies and I think I know what you mean about it interfering. It looked pretty functional without having to buy one of those sling adaptors or a new short LOP stock. I may just trim the factory stock a little and add one of those sling plates then. I would get the hogue stock, but I tried one before and it didn't fit me all too well.

Thanks for posting the link, I did check it out. I like it, but I can see the possibility of it being in the way and moving around.

Have you thought about the Hogue 13"??? AIMPRO usually has them available! That is if the 12" is too short?

They make a 13"? Holy Crap you just saved my life! The 12 was a bit too short for me, and the factory was too long. The 13" sounds perfect.

:D Yep! I know AIMPRO has sold them in the past, which is why I suggest starting there! Hogue doesnt even have them listed on their site!

For a single point sling I chose the BDS Tactical Single Point Sling and an Ergo two loop plate between the receiver and the stock for my 500 Persuader. The plate fit with no problem and added maybe 1/4" to the LOP. Good sling but does get in the way occasionaly - that may be offset by having two quick disconnect points, one at the plate and other on the sling. Not expensive yet nice quality and works great for carrying the 500 or letting it hang loose while not in use. I bought the sling online at http://www.sexyweapon.com and had a good experience with them; I bought the ambi sling attachment (I think) from http://www.gggaz.com (I looked and it is not offered now but they have some for 590s).
Here's the original thread name and date: Sling and mount for my Persuader by JSDinTexas » 12 Mar 2011 13:11

Thats a great price on the sling! Its very much like the Botach sling I got from ERGO!

Back