• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

looking for a mini stock

cra1

Copper BB
looking for a mini stock to put on a 500c I have, having trouble finding one and thought maybe someone here had one they had taken off and wasn't using, if so let me know and I will try to get it bought from you, thanks ryan

cra1 said:
looking for a mini stock to put on a 500c I have, having trouble finding one and thought maybe someone here had one they had taken off and wasn't using, if so let me know and I will try to get it bought from you, thanks ryan

helo Ryan welcome to the forum from NY.

you have a pvt. msg.

old mossy, sorry I either cant figure out how to reply or I cant pm till so many posts, if the post is out of line with the rules I am sorry, I was just trying to find one or a place to buy one, but if you need to take the post down I understand, thanks ryan

thanks for the help mossy, figured that was the problem with the pm.

I been looking everywhere trying to find one but cant, me and my wife both shoot 500's and I would like to put a mini over on mine for my son, I guess it would work, they say you can put a reg stock on the mini so I figured the mini would fit the 500, if any one know for sure one way or the other let me know, I might be wasting my time looking for the mini stock, but it would be the first time that's happened

the 500a stock will fit the 500c. there is a slight over lip where it meets the receiver,but fits with no problem.
as far as you son,,,,you should be able to switch back and forth between you and him.
what is the difference in LOP between you and him?

well the 500c I got when I was 14 and I have run abunch through it, its a little short for me and alittle long for him, i'm needing the pull down around 10 or 11 for him

cra1 said:
well the 500c I got when I was 14 and I have run abunch through it, its a little short for me and alittle long for him, i'm needing the pull down around 10 or 11 for him

,,,,,,not calling you old,,,but i assume it's a wood stock???

if so make your own. i did. not hard at all.
i started out with a lop of 14 and sump'em. wanted to end up with a 13" lop.
made 2 cuts just in case. added a limb saver,,,,,

Attachments

• cut 1.JPG
    cut 1.JPG
    45.9 KB · Views: 246
  • cut 2.JPG
    cut 2.JPG
    47.8 KB · Views: 245
I have thought about doing the same, just thought if I could find a mini stock that someone had pulled off I could just bolt the old one back on later. but its looking more and more like I will have to do it your way, I sure cant find one for sale anywhere

give mossberg a call,,,,,,
customer service (800) 363-3555
,,,,,,or,,,cut your old one to fit your son,,,,,,and buy a new one to fit you properly.

Back