• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Looking for signs of life

Wally1

.22LR
Soon I will have started the majority of threads here, but anyway.....

Is the lack of life because no one owns an MC1sc or is it because the gun just works and is accurate, thus not creating web worthy drama?

So anyway, I took mine all apart again, played with the connector and polished some more. It's hard to get the connector out of the housing without bending it a little. This made it not cycle properly until I got it bent back properly.

It's running smoother than ever now.

At least now there will be SEVEN threads here.

So, yes, I have 5 messages out of a total of 24 messages (not counting the op) on this section of the forum. Seven threads, 24 responses, 7 original posters = 31 instances of activity. Since I was the op on 3 of the posts, that puts my contribution at approximately 43% of the threads or, including this post, 16% of the total activity.

My interest is in subcompact nines, so I won't be found in other areas of this forum.

None of this means anything other than idle chatter, but thanks for responding, at least there is SOME life out there!

A lot of lurking goes on at ANY forum. ;) I do recall I added an article about the MS1sc to one of the other topical threads. But knowledge is power, and feel free to read some of the other posts such as regarding shotguns like the ubiquitous 500 pump or "modern sporting rifles". You'll find a great and very knowledgeable group of folks here from across the globe that just don't own only Mossberg products and don't care if you do or not. We are gun eNthUsiasTS so all guns are good! :D

I too, like small 9s. I haven't been to a store to try out the lil' mossy 9 nor am I currently in the market for another subcompact. My next 9 will probably be an 80% (Glockish 19) mainly for the challenge and satisfaction. I'm holding off serial-numbered purchases until I get my FFL (again) next year.

BTW, Welcome Aboard! :)

PS: the fact that there is now a MS1sc sub-forum is a good thing because there wasn't one for awhile...

I built a Poly80 Glockish 19 with a Brownells slide, a $60.00 Rock Slide barrel, and a Gen 4 ejector on the Gen 3 trigger housing.
I love the gun, the Gen 4 ejector leaves all the brass close together on the ground unlike most of my other guns.

I will check out some of the other posts, thanks.

Do you have a photo of this gun disassembled? I'd be very interested to see what's in it compared to my XDS 9.

I really should go to my LGS and examine one of these pistols. Thanks for reminding me.

Meet the new sub compact poly striker same as the old sub compact poly striker. We have a pt709, pt 738, p3at, Lc9 , LCP and a g43...... Like em all prolly like the mossy model too. The pt709 is best of the bunch and most used lives in my pocket everyday. Wife has the G43 jury still deliberating. If I run across the mossy IL sure try it one day.

Meet the new sub compact poly striker same as the old sub compact poly striker. We have a pt709, pt 738, p3at, Lc9 , LCP and a g43...... Like em all prolly like the mossy model too. The pt709 is best of the bunch and most used lives in my pocket everyday. Wife has the G43 jury still deliberating. If I run across the mossy IL sure try it one day.

I rate the MC1 about the same as the LC9s, Shield 9 (1st gen, don't know about the 2nd), and the G43. All solid guns that shoot well, although I've done a little work to all of them to make them shoot well for me.

Thanks for posting the parts pics, Wally! :) As a mechanic/technician guy, I like taking things apart to see how they tick. Especially firearms... :D

I was gonna get a MC1sc and went to the store to get one back in December, but I found a Taurus G2c for sale at $175 plus $ 25 rebate for just $150 each. The Mossberg was $349 each, so I bought two Taurus's. Both have been flawless and I am happy with them but I still want a Mossberg.

Wally, thanks very much for the photos! It has helped me decide to track one of these down. It looks as though it should be possible to plug in the Glock extended slide release, a Ghost connector, and LWD Maritime cups, which all add significant functionality.

I know how you feel about the activity, the 930 forum is pretty much the same!

I'll be interested to hear how those parts work, never thought to see if the Glock parts would fit when I had it apart. I am very happy with the way the Mossberg shoots and I have several other subcompact 9's to compare it with.

Back