• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Looks like time for a 940 section

Mossberg940JMPro_Gas_6404-670x446.jpg

Meh. 930 with Or3Gun and SBE Precision-styled parts, as OEM. I am curious to see if the redesigned pusher is compatible with the 930, as it is a reinforced design.

I liked it. Until I saw the MSRP.
Although, when I consider the cost of my JM 930, adding a couple OR3GUN components, and my custom titanium and aluminum pusher assembly, custom recoil plunger, I might have been money ahead if I had waited.

Meh. 930 with Or3Gun and SBE Precision-styled parts, as OEM. I am curious to see if the redesigned pusher is compatible with the 930, as it is a reinforced design.

That's pretty much my take on it too. After a little tweaking on the JM, both our 930s are flawless with anything--including Universal--and I'm not ditching them for the blinged-up version.

Dedicated three-gunners will likely try it and I'm looking forward to some end-user reports, all the same.

I'm hoping the piston is compatible with the 930 if I can't get my hands on the one from SBE precision.

Does the new 940 Pro Waterfowl model have a steel or aluminum receiver? What is the lightest shot load it will cycle efficiently?
I believe it's aluminum with steel on inside. Magnet barely holds but grabs on to interior. Do you have one?

No, I have been researching and seriously considering purchasing one. Do you own one? Do you mean it has steel rails inside the receiver that the steel bolt rides on?

I am so sorry. Awful typing with lots of mistakes (autocorrect with big thumb). I have a wildfowl. I assume similar receiver

This is my first close up look at the new 940 Pro Waterfowler. I would really like to handle one in person. The closest thing I have been able to handle personally at a local gun shop was a 940 Pro Turkey, and I REALLY liked it. Thanks for the pics. How about some more pics of the stock w/ butt pad & receiver w/ trigger group and barrel w/ ported choke?

Any first hand experience would be great, as I am looking to pick one up when they arrive in the north. Beautiful lines on the SG.

Does anyone know if the 940 JM Pro Waterfowl have a magazine cut off? Also, is there a way to empty the magazine without cycling the shells through the chamber?

Are you talking about a limiting plug to reduce magazine capacity to 2 shells? I was told there was supposed to be one but when I took it out of the box to put on display (I worked in the gun store) there was not one in there. When I contacted Mossberg about how to gain access to the magazine based on the the exploded parts and descriptions I was informed that the spring retainer is threaded into the magazine and you have to use a screwdriver to unscrew it - it is under tension and REALLY wants out. They informed me they were going to send a limiting plug and a lock ring that holds the sling stud into the magazine end cap.

And yes; the manual available on the website describes the procedure. They are quick to replay via email and pretty decent support. I don't know why companies don't provide updated manuals when pushing this stuff out - the youtube videos from Miculek and some of the folks doing evaluations don't go into details on the new models....at least that I could find. I'm not a duck hunter (yet) more pheasant/turkey and will probably look at trying to find out if I can change barrel and magazine for 3-gun.

Attachments

• 20221109_144950.jpg
    20221109_144950.jpg
    219.7 KB · Views: 3
No K Swiss, I'm talking about a lever or button you can use to disable the magazine from feeding another shell in the chamber when you pull the bolt back to lock it open.

Sorry, still having issues with nomenclature. Is this a feature common to a brand - Benneli, Browning, Beretta? I looked up the description and can see the advantage with autoloader. The 940 waterfowl instructions doesn't.

Yes, Browning has offered a magazine cutoff on several of their models for years. I got accustomed to it om my venerable Browning A5. It is very handy to use for SAFETY, when crossing a fence or boarding a hunting boat or vehicle, with a loaded gun. Just activate the mag cutoff, pull back the bolt to temporarily clear the chamber and lock the bolt back. With the cross bolt trigger safety on and the chamber cleared, this is about as SAFE as you can make a firearm. After crossing the fence or board the vehicle/boat, just drop your shell back in the ejection/loading port and release the bolt to recharge the chamber. Then deactivate the mag cutoff.
It's also handy if you are duck hunting with shot and want to quickly change over to a slug or buckshot when that big buck deer show up unexpectedly.

Back