• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

LPA Ghost Ring Sights

Comarade

Hi All,

I'm toying with the idea of changing out Mossberg's OEM GRS on my 590A1 in order to get a lower-profile sight on my shotgun. This is what is currently on there:

The sights I'm considering are the PSI LPA Ghost Ring Sights like the ones on the 930 SPX, but I really want to get the receiver-mounted set.

The PSI LPA Ghost Rings come in two configurations... one is receiver-mounted, and one is rail mounted:

PSI LPA Ghost Ring Rear Sight, receiver-mounted:

PSI LPA Ghost Ring Rear Sight, rail-mounted:

Only thing is, I am not sure which of these would work best with the front sight currently on the shotgun.... I'm hoping someone might know whether the receiver-mounted or the rail-mounted puts the rear sight in proper alignment with the sight on the front.

Any help would be appreciated :)

Attachments

• oemsights.jpg
    oemsights.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 168
  • bar11receiver1.jpg
    bar11receiver1.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 169
  • bar11rail.jpg
    bar11rail.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 169
your definitely going to be closer with the receiver mount... the front post on my spx is much taller then that in order to match with my rail mount lpa grs...

what's the height measurement on your stock sights, from the top of the receiver to the middle of your properly sighted in grs?

I can compare it to the hight of my grs off the rail and we can see if it's even in the same ballpark.

I would have to agree with Poopy on this one. I have the LPA GRS on my 500 SPX and the back is the rail mounted, but the front site is the raised AR15 type)side blades) fiber optic sight.

-stag

Went ahead and broke out the calipers and measured the distance from the top of the receiver to the center of my existing GRS at 0.605". The GRS are currently zeroed for 50yd slug shots.

I also measured the distance from the top of the barrel to the top of the front sight post. That one came in at 0.729... but that might be a bit off. Measuring that was kinda tricky.

Comarade said:
Went ahead and broke out the calipers and measured the distance from the top of the receiver to the center of my existing GRS at 0.605". The GRS are currently zeroed for 50yd slug shots.

I also measured the distance from the top of the barrel to the top of the front sight post. That one came in at 0.729... but that might be a bit off. Measuring that was kinda tricky.

Hey comrade,

just checked out the height of my lpa grs from the top of the rail to the center of the grs and it was approx 5/8"(don't have a mic) which is .625".

There is between 1/8" and 1/4" elevation adjustment available on the sights...that combined with the fact that it looks like in that picture you showed that the receiver mounted lpa sights are convex on the bottom to mate correctly with the receiver, I'll bet your right in the perfect ballpark to work with your existing front post and the receiver mount style grs.

Good luck with the set up, make sure to let us know how it turns out.

-poops

Thanks! I do think I'm going to go that route... would want to see if a local shop has a shotgun with that rear sight already installed just so I can give it a look before sinking $100 on new rear sights :)

Back