• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

M1 Family

LAZY EYED SNIPER

Overwatch
Global Moderator
Supporter
"Philanthropist"
Just came home from a relaxing week long trip back home to Texas. Spent a lot of quality time with the folks and before we left my Pop loaded me up with a few items from his collection. We've always been a family of shooters and the photo below represents three generations of the family tradition...

On top is my Grandfather's Inland Mfg./General Motors U.S. Carbine made in 1944. My Pop was in his teens when Grandad passed away and the rifle was passed to him. In the middle is my Pop's Springfield Armory U.S. Rifle made in 1942. He's had it for decades and it's still a workhorse. On the bottom is my 2014 Springfield Armory M1A-A1 Scout Squad that I've had for a few months. It's a beautiful sight to see them together and reflect on so many years of family shooting tradition. It is truly an honor to have them and to carry on the tradition to pass down to future generations of our family...

That is a special collection you have LES, and some great memories. Outstanding!

Thank you Sir, it certainly is.

Brought home a few more items I'll post up over the next day or two...

That is just super LES! I love things passed down in the family like that and those two are just awesome. Cherish them and don't let em' collect any dust!

That is outstanding LES.

The more I know about your Dad, the more I like him.

I still can't get over some of his pictures. Looks like he has a great eye for weaponry too.

I know he's proud of you.

But I also know what you mean about having a good example.

You've been in the presence of great men your entire life. I'm sure that greatness will be past down for generations to come.

I hope these heirlooms stay in your family till the stars burn out.

That is a sweet collection of M1's, LES! Your lucky to have a family that understands the value of heirloom guns and keeps them in the family. But where is the M1 Thompson? You NEED one of those, if nothing else for our viewing pleasure. :)

Thanks fellas.

That is a sweet collection of M1's, LES! Your lucky to have a family that understands the value of heirloom guns and keeps them in the family. But where is the M1 Thompson? You NEED one of those, if nothing else for our viewing pleasure. :)

Yes Sir, I agree.

Being an old Irish family I'm sure there was a Thompson somewhere in the family tree at some point, but it may have either ended up in police custody or been tossed off a bridge into a river decades ago...

^ And that's how it should be. Someday each of us will be the ones referred to as previous generations. Much has been lost because things weren't passed down.

Make sure you tell those stories that go along with those guns so they'll know their significance. Tell them so often your kids know the stories by heart.

Little boys don't just suddenly and magically turn into a man one day. They have to be taught and raised to be one and much of that is going to be from following along in your footsteps.

I don't worry about that coming from you though because you came from a good family. I just thought that it goes without saying.

Back