• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

M1 Garand

Sweet!

Dude u gots some ap rounds?!

I need to get my hands on some.

Yes Sir.

Found those yesterday at a local reloading and specialty ammo shop. Went in looking for some surplus M2 ball and the box of AP was just sit'n there on a shelf. Had to snag it...

Well fellas, I joined the club..... my wife got me one for Christmas.

Now, to find some reloading data.

Nitesite?
f96ea6dacca06010ea619e9a2e27b382.jpg

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

So, I'm wanting to feed my M1 a steady diet of 150 gr. soft point. I figure it's a good all around, round. However I dont have the time to dedicate to setting up, and load workup for custom loads. Looking for guidance on a gas plug. I dont just want to buy the first one that pops up on a Google search.

So, I'm wanting to feed my M1 a steady diet of 150 gr. soft point. I figure it's a good all around, round. However I dont have the time to dedicate to setting up, and load workup for custom loads. Looking for guidance on a gas plug. I dont just want to buy the first one that pops up on a Google search.

I'd opt for the schuster gas plug. I've used it with confidence.

Hi dieselmudder. Sorry I did not see your post from December. My goof. Congrats on the gift from the wife!!!

The Hornady reloading manual has specific data for "Service Rifle" loads, and they are very established and classic for 150-gr bullets with IMR 4895 or IMR 4064.

You are obviously aware that it is not a good idea to load to commercial modern .30-06 pressures or bolt gun recipes.

If you do not have a Hornady manual I would be happy to photograph and send you those pages.

Best,

Dave

Hi dieselmudder. Sorry I did not see your post from December. My goof. Congrats on the gift from the wife!!!

The Hornady reloading manual has specific data for "Service Rifle" loads, and they are very established and classic for 150-gr bullets with IMR 4895 or IMR 4064.

You are obviously aware that it is not a good idea to load to commercial modern .30-06 pressures or bolt gun recipes.

If you do not have a Hornady manual I would be happy to photograph and send you those pages.

Best,

Dave
I do have the Hornady Manual. Often times there are old recipies, passed down through generations, that aren't always in the cookbook. Kind of like grandmas chicken and dumplings. Lol. I just wanted to check with our resident ammo nerd.

Back