• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

M1a / Socom 16 / EBR

Added a Triad Large Stock Pack to the M1A...

https://www.triadtactical.com/Triad-large-Stock-Pack.html

Went with the Kryptec Highlander pattern...

With the range of strap adjustment provided it fits nice 'n snug all around the stock with virtually no movement at all...

The 3/8" lami-suede cheek pad is nice. It's a good thickness that doesn't interfere with the sight picture at all...

Went with their large stock pack so I could fit a spare 20 round mag in the pouch. The 20 rounders are on the large side and don't fit in most of the smaller stock packs I've tried, but they fit in this Triad model with room to spare...

The mag can easily be removed/replaced without hanging up or having to work at getting it in there...

I have a couple of the smaller, cheaper stock packs from other brands, but this Triad pack is far superior in quality and made in the U.S.A. ...

Also picked up the Triad Tapered Rear Bag pictured in the photos above...

https://www.triadtactical.com/Triad-Tapered-Rear-Bag.html

It's a bit smaller than my other bean bag I use on the bench and I like the idea of the wedge design, especially for prone shooting. It works like any other squeeze bag for fine adjustments and can also be moved front to back as needed to make more drastic elevation changes...

The wedge design follows the natural contour of the stock and the increase in direct contact helps keep the rifle more stable. Shipping was fast and their service was great. This was my first purchase from Triad Tactical and based on what I see so far I'll likely buy from them again...

No Sir.

Planned to get out this morning, but came thunderstorms, lightning, and a damn tornado. Don't mind a little rain, but figured the twister might make windage adjustments a little more difficult than normal. Gonna head out out in the morning...

I get out to the range with my M1A this morning at about 6:30 and looking over the parking lot from the entry gate I saw that nobody except the owner was there yet. As I got out of the truck he came out of the office and said, "Man you're early". Apparently I missed the email about the range being closed for a work day. :( So, I put in about six hours of work building target stands and tacking up backers and didn't get to shoot. Thursday 4/9 the range will host a suppressor shoot and press day with the American Suppressor Association, so we had to get the range looking right. We had to replace nearly every one of the 20 or so target stands in the pistol pits. The sides of the frames had all been shot out and the majority of them were basically shot in half. Still don't understand how people do that.

Might have been fate, 'cause the three free 20 round mags I got from Springfield's Gear Up M1A promotion were in the mailbox when I got back to the house. Doing the family thing tomorrow, so I'll have to wait another week before I can get out to shoot it. Gonna be a LONG week...

Will you be shooting in the suppressor day?

Wish I could make it, but it starts at 11am and I've gotta work. It's more of a media event than anything...

Yup, it was a bummer.

Didn't get to shoot and my back 'n knees are killing me. Range looks damn good though...

Thank you Sir.

Have a roller greaser tool on the way. Been reading up on the 130-A and have seen mixed reviews, many folks saying the same thing you did about it being particularly nasty. They're pretty proud of that stuff too. I'll check out some bearing grease...

What roller greaser tool did you decide to go with?

BTW, if you have some Militec grease that is GTG as well. I'm pretty sure you must already have some. I'm down to just a little bit and I use it on my 1911 for duty carry so the M1A got red grease and its performance been just as marvelous.

http://www.militec.com/grease11.html

The one I got is from Badger Ord. as well, but it's the shorter basic model that doesn't have the cross bars. Also picked up the "M1 Buddy" cleaning port. Thanks for the Militec link. I picked up a tube of the red bearing grease this afternoon, so I'll give that a go...

FINALLY!

Got out with the Scout this morning and sent some lead down range. All I can say is DAMN!!! This rifle is one SWEET shooter and the first round surprised the hell out of me. It's the softest shoot'n .308/7.62 I've ever shouldered. Of course there are pics...

Set up at 100 to start things off...

Here's a look through the rear peep...

Put 40 rounds total down range get'n it dialed in and was amazed at what this rifle can do with just the irons...

This is 10 rounds of Fed. AE 168gr M1A Match 7.62...

I pulled one to the right, but the rest of 'em grouped inside 3". Not too shabby...

Back